BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few pics playing with my new Canon Rebel.....my assistant was driving the M so I could hear the new exhaust......I really need to get on the freeway and get some good "Moving" shots of it....not bad for driving and pointing the camera out the window....

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do like.

I think the wheel tape would look better if it was a little bit brighter, so you can see it more, but the car looks insane man

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've seen those wheel. M6 wheel in black with small red lip huh??

looks good. Im doing the same red lip on my all black Maya STM wheels next week..
Ill post pics up then.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks great.

Did you smoke your headlights very light? Looks that way and looks mean either way.

Also, any plans to matte black the two slats on each of the side gills?

Finally, where did you get your matte kidney inserts and how much? I need them.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Carl,

I don't believe they are smoked at all....I think it may be angle of the shot or lighting? Thinking about doing the black slats...waiting for my smoked side marker lights to come in and see how it looks then....but I probably will..the kidney inserts were there from the PO but there are tons on ebay....cheap too.....Yeah....I agree.....I think they "Make" the front end......

Looks great.

Did you smoke your headlights very light? Looks that way and looks mean either way.

Also, any plans to matte black the two slats on each of the side gills?

Finally, where did you get your matte kidney inserts and how much? I need them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
very nice chris. we have the similar taste. you have a personal assitant? dang are you really so busy scouring the internet for mods and bmw forums that you dont have any time left? lol ;)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, no sounds clips...but I do like the Dinan so far a lot.....I didn't want anything too loud as my F250 is diesel....and loud....my TT has a Cargraphic loud exhaust and my mustang is just plain nuts....so I NEED something reasonable to drive in ...... I figure if I need it louder than the Dinan I can have my muffler guy remove the secondary cats....and if I need it louder than the resonators.....I can hear the growl in the cabin with the windows down....but it's not obtrusive..my GFriend didn't even notice and while following the car you can't miss it....nice sound.....

you have a sound clip of your exhaust?? Looking to get it as well

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, no sounds clips...but I do like the Dinan so far a lot.....I didn't want anything too loud as my F250 is diesel....and loud....my TT has a Cargraphic loud exhaust and my mustang is just plain nuts....so I NEED something reasonable to drive in ...... I figure if I need it louder than the Dinan I can have my muffler guy remove the secondary cats....and if I need it louder than the resonators.....I can hear the growl in the cabin with the windows down....but it's not obtrusive..my GFriend didn't even notice and while following the car you can't miss it....nice sound.....

thanks! Im looking to do a full race next week, just waiting on my wheels to get in, then off to the shop again...I did my pulleys 2days ago, so waiting for that exhaust, then the chip.....SOCAL summer days in the M feeezie :7::7:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahahaha.....yes......she is my right hand.....and unfortunatly.....knows it...:3: a couple more just like her and I wouldn't have to come in at all...

very nice chris. we have the similar taste. you have a personal assitant? dang are you really so busy scouring the internet for mods and bmw forums that you dont have any time left? lol ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey Carl,

I don't believe they are smoked at all....I think it may be angle of the shot or lighting? Thinking about doing the black slats...waiting for my smoked side marker lights to come in and see how it looks then....but I probably will..the kidney inserts were there from the PO but there are tons on ebay....cheap too.....Yeah....I agree.....I think they "Make" the front end......
Ah, must be the angle. My comment about it looking great still stands. So they're 20s not 19s?

By the way, forgot to mention I like how you got rid of the built in orange reflectors in the front headlamp cluster. My friend wanted to do that on his 06 but didn't know how. What's the secret?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Lookin good buddy...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks and thanks for the killer deal on the PS2's!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, they are 20's...as far as the headlamps.....that's what Euro headlamps look like....over on the E60 board there is a guy selling stickers that cover the amber and give the appearance of Euro lamps. I figured for the $25 or whatever he was charging.....what the heck....they looked great in the pics....so I ordered a pair. Got them yesterday.....put them on.......and you know what? Yep. Stickers. Now......they are nice stickers......and literally from 10 feet away you can't tell and they look great..

But.....

walk up next to the car and.....hey......theres stickers on the headlamps......so I took them off tonight. 99% of all people could walk around the car and they would never notice.....BUT.....they wouldn't notice the absense of amber either.....the 1% (like you) that DO notice....would also see they are stick on and that would be embarrasing....hahaha....from what I hear getting the real deal is like $1500 or $2000 or something so I guess I will just have to live with the amber....

Ah, must be the angle. My comment about it looking great still stands. So they're 20s not 19s?

By the way, forgot to mention I like how you got rid of the built in orange reflectors in the front headlamp cluster. My friend wanted to do that on his 06 but didn't know how. What's the secret?[/QUOTE

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks and thanks for the killer deal on the PS2's!
Ha! So you are who snaged them up so quickly, Good deal. Congrats.

Got mine at full price the other day, They are waiting to be installed on my new black wheels next week. Hate waiting... ... ... ... ... ... ...

So needless to say, your car looks great with the black wheels IMHO.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pure luck......I think the post sat there with no response for about 2 hours before I saw it.....:)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahaha....yeah the last set I got for my TT was a simular situation....got 4 brand new (19") for $1100....so I jump when I see a deal now.....even tho I have brand new tires on it already...now I just need to find fronts and I'll be set for tires

1 - 20 of 22 Posts