BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight driving my beast home from work cruising 5th gear around 75mph light throttle the car suddenly started missfiring to the point it was barely driveable pulled off the freeway turned the car off and then back on and it starts up fine with no missfire. Pulled the codes at the gas station and i got 1b 69 and c7... i did a little search and couldnt really come up with any conclusion on what it could be. Code 1b is DM-TL switching valve i assume this has to do with the fuel evap system c7 is a cyl 7 missfire and 1b is coolant temp sens "plausible" about 5000 miles ago i switched spark plugs so that probably shouldnt have to do with the missfire, any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
The 1b actually means use table 18. you will see it everytime you plug in. From table 18 I get that c7 is a miss on cylinder #4. right side of car closest to the firewall. The fact it was gone when you rebooted the engine points to coil,but it could be plugs or injectors or even something else, but start with the basics. Clear the code and wait and see if it happens again and in the same way. Next step would be an inspection and likely choice would be switch the location of the #1 coil and #4 coil for each other. If you don't know the condition of the plugs change them at the same time. If they are newish you still need to pull the plug on the offending cyl and inspect.Number the old and take a picture of them and post. Few guys here that can see lots in someones plugs.
Wait and see where it comes back if at all. If it comes back in the same place, then you move to fuel. That should keep you busy for a while. best of luck.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The 1b actually means use table 18. you will see it everytime you plug in.
Yes and no. This only occurs each time you plug it in, press go and you HAVE a code.

No codes and you get a -- as you know I am sure.

So therefore I suspect you have the AA code ? ;)

OP : Well 69 is most likely your T Stat. I feel a cylinder misfire on only one cylinder, shouldn't really make the car undriveable as you describe.

What mileage ? Fuel pump is always in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Yes and no. This only occurs each time you plug it in, press go and you HAVE a code.

No codes and you get a -- as you know I am sure.

So therefore I suspect you have the AA code ? ;)

OP : Well 69 is most likely your T Stat. I feel a cylinder misfire on only one cylinder, shouldn't really make the car undriveable as you describe.

What mileage ? Fuel pump is always in the back of my mind.
Thanks I am not aware of the details of the peake reader. I use a Genisys EVO semi pro diagnostic scanner. I am just parroting what I have read and as a result I get it wrong if I read the wrong post.;) Not all things I have read turn out to be right.
Yes I do have the AA code and sometimes my car has it too. :grinyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts