BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having Inspection I done today and wanted to know what people are paying for it. Also, did your include the cost of coolant and brake flush?

BMW of Beverly Hills is charging about $1K for it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Free it's included in the warrenty.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Free

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is CPO and no longer under Full Warranty. It took 5yrs to get 30K miles on it. Warranty expired last year. Bummer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had mine done at AVUS Autosport in Glendale, and I paid 470. This did NOT include a coolant and brake flush. If I remember correctly, It was an oil change, replacing the cabin filters as well as the air filters, and an inspection of the entire car. May have included something else, but I don't remember. They also gave me a loaner for the day.

Good luck, Hector

http://www.avusautosport.com/

mamsterla said:
I am having Inspection I done today and wanted to know what people are paying for it. Also, did your include the cost of coolant and brake flush?

BMW of Beverly Hills is charging about $1K for it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you're out of warranty, and Inspection I is not covered, I would suggest that you take it to a private shop rather than a BMW Dealership center.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Jayson said:
Free it's included in the warrenty.
Warranty coverage or maintenance coverage?? Mine was free, at 38k miles.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
gsfent said:
Warranty coverage or maintenance coverage?? Mine was free, at 38k miles.
Regards,
Jerry
One of um, not sure I still have all the warrentys as mine was bought new. I'm pretty sure though if you under 50k it's free no matter what warrenty you have.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked it up:

http://www.bmwusa.com/CPO/Benefits/Warranty.htm

Looks like I have to pay. Next time I will not go to the dealer, though until the CPO is over, I want to make suret that my records show I am up to date. I will try to dicker with the price and/or call other dealers. It's a little late now - my expensive lesson.

Any recommendatons on the Nav system - looks like CPO does not cover that either. Any good local shops in LA- I have heard good things about Monaco Motors.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
mamsterla said:
It's a little late now - my expensive lesson.

Maybe not...

If you can find out what BMW NA allows for time you could demand to be charged no more than that- plus materials.

Anyone here know what the BMW allowance is for hours for an inspection I?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Jayson said:
One of um, not sure I still have all the warrentys as mine was bought new. I'm pretty sure though if you under 50k it's free no matter what warrenty you have.
The original Warranty is 4 yrs or 50K miles, whichever comes first. His car is over 5 years. Also, the original free maintenance for his vehicle year was only 3 yr or 36K miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ProV1 said:
i know you guys are loaded, but why the HECK r u paying $470 for a freakin oil change, 2 filters and some quick visual inspections??????? talk about gettin PWN3d.... DIY!!! ouich
If you don't follow the service plan - then you may void your CPO warranty and that is why I went with an authorized dealer. I have already replaced camshaft sensors under warranty. I want to make sure that I continue until the CPO expires next year.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
mamsterla said:
If you don't follow the service plan - then you may void your CPO warranty and that is why I went with an authorized dealer. I have already replaced camshaft sensors under warranty. I want to make sure that I continue until the CPO expires next year.
As long as you can prove you had the service done (receipts) you are still covered. For something as simple as an oil change, that shouldn't be too difficult.
Of course, occassional non warranty work at the dealer is good for relationships and I believe helps the dealer make "good" warranty decisions on close calls.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
340 Posts
I recommed GT INt'l in West LA if thats convenient for you (walking distance for me). He works on BMWs only (for many years). Heck for an oil change thats under $100.The filters are a snap. Not sure of the costs for each however. John Norris is a Brit, they are in my opinion the best mechanics! I am certain you would have no issues with the CPO if you used him. Its not like the dealer is looking hard to find a problem under the hood. I am usually the one who Ids the issue to them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts