BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made a facelift (front and rear lights) on their M5 1999 or 2000 modell? If so how much did it cost?

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by klas:
Has anyone made a facelift (front and rear lights) on their M5 1999 or 2000 modell? If so how much did it cost?

Why would you do that ? That would make your 2000 model look like a 2001 model. There will only be one year of production of the 2000 model so it will be unique in the long run. Plus, it will cost you a lot of points in any concours you may want to enter in the furure. Spend your money on performance upgrades, not some silly light/cosmetic changes.

------------------

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Why would you do that ? That would make your 2000 model look like a 2001 model. There will only be one year of production of the 2000 model so it will be unique in the long run. Plus, it will cost you a lot of points in any concours you may want to enter in the furure. Spend your money on performance upgrades, not some silly light/cosmetic changes.
Wheter it is silly or not is a matter of opinion.

Perhaps Klas likes the look of it and as far as I know he has already spent "some" money on performance upgrades, right Klas?

What do you mean with There will only be one year of production of the 2000 model?

As far as I know there is only one year of production for every years model, isn't it implied in the words year model?

/Johan

[This message has been edited by johann (edited 09 November 2000).]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
Wheter it is silly or not is a matter of opinion.

Perhaps Klas likes the look of it and as far as I know he has already spent "some" money on performance upgrades, right Klas?

What do you mean with There will only be one year of production of the 2000 model?

As far as I know there is only one year of production for every years model, isn't it implied in the words year model?

/Johan

I mean no other model year will look like the 2000 model, at least here in the U.S.A.. The 2000 model was the first e39 M5 available here.

------------------

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Parkerfe, what you think is "silly" some other on this board think is nice design. I understand fully those who buy this upgrade. The M5 looks soooo more agressive and nicer. Looks more modern = makes 1999/2000 looks like a 2001 for a not so expensive sum of money.

And if you should enter a concours in the future, a performance upgrade would cost you any "concours-points" also. So that makes no logic to me what you said.

Please let other choose to buy what they want without these kind of comments.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Originally posted by Parkerfe:
I mean no other model year will look like the 2000 model, at least here in the U.S.A.. The 2000 model was the first e39 M5 available here.
OK, the 98 and 99 looks similar to 2000 except from inner rear view mirror. Or can anyone else recall some other visual changes?

/J

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Mike,

I just got a price from my local dealer at Dkr. 12.500,- (~1.560$) for head, side and rearlights. Sounds like you did a pretty good deal ! ?
Mine is beeing "updated" the comming monday at GBC-Biler in Ballerup.

Nille

Originally posted by Mike/DK:
Hi Klas,

I have changed the lights on my BMW. I got the frontlights changed last friday and I got the rearlights changed a couple of days ago. I changed the frontlight my self, so thats not a problem. The problem is the rearlights. The change was made by my local BMW workshop. There´s a lot of changes with these new lights, so don´t try to do it your self. I wound´nt.

But the total cost is a little "cheaper" then first thought. Around 1000 $. (1 $ = 8 kroner).

Hope it helps.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Nille,

I the new lights very much and think it changes the look of the car to a more aggresive look then before.

Do you know of a BMW M5 sold at Sand Jensen (Silkeborg) and resold at a BMW dealer in Herfølge? I saw it last week (carbon black).

Anyway, hope you´re going to like the new look of the car, when it´s opdated.

Best regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
46 Posts
The reason my price is a bit lower then ours is because I installed the frontlights my self. But with the rearlights there is a little more work getting them to funtion. So no labor cost on the frontlights. And I did´nt change my lights on the side of the car because they were the right colour.

That would explain the difference in the two prices.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Mike,

Yes I know the car from Sand Jensen. He had it for a loooong time, and could´nt sell it because of the price, and the fact that it had direct trouble with the VANOS problem.
I don´t know if he really got the 1,35 mio. he asked for it...

Why do you ask ?

Nille.

Originally posted by Mike/DK:
Hi Nille,

I the new lights very much and think it changes the look of the car to a more aggresive look then before.

Do you know of a BMW M5 sold at Sand Jensen (Silkeborg) and resold at a BMW dealer in Herfølge? I saw it last week (carbon black).

Anyway, hope you´re going to like the new look of the car, when it´s opdated.

Best regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Klas,

I have changed the lights on my BMW. I got the frontlights changed last friday and I got the rearlights changed a couple of days ago. I changed the frontlight my self, so thats not a problem. The problem is the rearlights. The change was made by my local BMW workshop. There´s a lot of changes with these new lights, so don´t try to do it your self. I wound´nt.

But the total cost is a little "cheaper" then first thought. Around 1000 $. (1 $ = 8 kroner).

Hope it helps.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts