BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Nissan GT-R vs Corvette ZR1

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what's all of your guys' opinion on the cars? Which one do you think is better? Which one would you rather have? Let's try to not make this an argument thread, just a thread on your opinion of the cars.

Me, I would have the ZR1. I think it's a better looking/sounding car, and it performs better than the GT-R (stock). I'd rather not draw that much attention to myself that I would get with a GT-R, I've heard stories of them attracting too many people, and in some cases they would even follow the owner all the way to their home. The GT-R fan-base also puts me off, a lot of them are really in your face about the car. I'd also like to add something else that I forgot. The GT-R seems to have way too many strings attached to it. There are tons of absurd things you can do on it that voids the warranty, but on the ZR1 doesn't. The maintenance costs are also a bit iffy, but I'm not sure if I had that money if I would care about the maintenance costs or not.

·
Registered
665 Posts
For my personal use i'd take GT-R why? Lots of reasons...
1. I live in Canada and i can use it all year long.
2. I have a kid which will fit int he back seat just fine.
3. Car is trackable.
4. price is somewhat more affordable in my financial situation.
5. Car is easy to gain power.
6. Interior of gt-r is better then zr1, I personally love the look of GT-R.
7. Zr1 is somewhat traction limited, where gt-r has all traction in the world.
8. Gt-r has one of the best DSG gearboxes, and amazingly it can hold up to 800 hp as we know it.
9. on board computer is great and fun.
10. its great overall package of money and performance.

Now if I had lots of money i'd buy zr1, as it is an icon of all the corvettes, has great engine, ceramic brakes, but i'd have to re do all the interrior like the picture below, because for the price of it, i mean come on...

i've seen this interrior in person it costs around 20 gs but the work is work of art...

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
For the performance of the ZR1, I would say the price is completely justified but that's just my opinion.

E: And also good lord that interior is gorgeous, reminds me of the Veyron's interior. Would you be willing to point me in the direction of the people that do it?

·
Registered
665 Posts
For the performance of the ZR1, I would say the price is completely justified but that's just my opinion.

E: And also good lord that interior is gorgeous, reminds me of the Veyron's interior. Would you be willing to point me in the direction of the people that do it?

Oh no doubt that both prices of both cars are price justified and it is best bang for the buck.

This is I belive Toronto based company, and all the work is very high quality... I literally couldnt pull myself away from that interrior for like good 30 minutes, i was looking and touching it and couldnt belive my eye's, i've seen all kind of interriors of ferrari and lambo, this one is just as good if not better!!!

Caravaggio Corvettes Inc.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ZR1 competes with Lambo lp640

GTR competes with 997TT

You can't compare the zr1 and the gtr in terms of performance
You can compare anything.

And if there was any Lambo to compare the ZR1 with in terms of fairly equal performance, it would be the LP670-4.

But the main reason people like to compare the ZR1 and GT-R is that they are both cheap cars with high performance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts