BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the status of the Corsa exhaust is? I see they are for sale on UUC's website, but has anyone actually gotten one for any vendor yet? I've tried searching with no luck.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
On the 15th (supposedly when the exhaust is in UUC's possession), I will be ordering it locally thru my local shop thru UUC. I will be doing a pre and post dyno run. I've heard rumors of massive sec 1+2+3 losses (>25 whp). I'm not so worried since I am only doing sec 3, but will dyno nonetheless.

Corsa has been communicative with me up unitl I asked for pics of the exhaust itself (2 cans or 4?? They don't even have a pic of it!) and I asked them about any losses. I told them I was going to pre/post dyno and share results. I also asked about their guarantee... will they take it back if I am losing HP?) I have heard nothing back... but I'm still going to gamble.... I like the no-drone guarantee and the F1-type sound above what seems to be 6000 rpm from the 2 vids laying around youtube.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the 15th (supposedly when the exhaust is in UUC's possession), I will be ordering it locally thru my local shop thru UUC. I will be doing a pre and post dyno run. I've heard rumors of massive sec 1+2+3 losses (>25 whp). I'm not so worried since I am only doing sec 3, but will dyno nonetheless.

Corsa has been communicative with me up unitl I asked for pics of the exhaust itself (2 cans or 4?? They don't even have a pic of it!) and I asked them about any losses. I told them I was going to pre/post dyno and share results. I also asked about their guarantee... will they take it back if I am losing HP?) I have heard nothing back... but I'm still going to gamble.... I like the no-drone guarantee and the F1-type sound above what seems to be 6000 rpm from the 2 vids laying around youtube.
Excellent. Do you know if UUC is going to be getting a couple in stock right away?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yes, please let us know what your results are. For the price, you can't beat it. There's usually no real gains in just cans, but please let us know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Supposedly, the order is for 10 pcs. And BTW, I am dynoing to make sure I am not modding to lose HP. No gain is ok by me.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
*Update*

UUC will have it in in 3 days from today. Here is the PDF of the install instructions along with my email correspondence with Rob Levinson (board member / sponsor) at UUC.

Absolutely, please feel free to do so.

- Rob Levinson
UUC Motorwerks * 908-874-9092 *
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

----- Original Message -----
To: "Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks" <
[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: Corsa for E60 M5

> Thanks Rob, for all the info. May I post the PDF on the M5board.com? I
> know there are some who have the same questions as myself. A picture is
> worth a thousand....
> I'll be in touch shortly.
>
> Best Regards,
> Michael
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks" <
[email protected]>
> To: "Michael T."
> Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:57 AM
> Subject: Re: Corsa for E60 M5
>
>
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Not sure where your info is coming from, E60 M5 systems have not arrived
> > yet... they have been shipped from Corsa, but are not due to arrive for
> > another 1-3 days via truck freight.
> >
> > 1. Dyno testing with full production systems is taking place shortly.
> >
> > 3. Full "no power loss" guarantee, assuming you're following accurate
dyno
> > guidelines which means same car, same session, full adaptation, fluid
temp
> > monitoring, etc., just as we do for accurate racecar tuning.
> >
> > Additional pics shown in the enclosed installation guide that may be the
> > view you are looking for.
> >
> > 4. Specs:
> > 321SS 3" pipes
> > 304SS Mufflers and tips
> > 3.5" double wall, angle cut tips
> > 28 lbs. lighter than stock components it replaces
> > Schematic shown on enclosed installation guide.
> >
> > Please let me know if I may be of further assistance!
> >
> > - Rob Levinson
> > UUC Motorwerks * 908-874-9092 *
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Michael T."
> > To: <
[email protected]>
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:32 AM
> > Subject: Corsa for E60 M5
> >
> >
> > Hello Rob,
> >
> > I hear that you guys just got the Corsa in for the E60 M5's. I have a
few
> > questions before placing an order.
> >
> > 1. Have this system been dyno tested yet? I have seen huge losses from
> > just section 3 on a Dyno Dynamics machine. I will be running pre/post
> > dyno
> > to make sure I am not losing any HP.
> >
> > 2. If there is no dyno sheets out for the exhaust yet, what is your
> > guarantee in case it is losing HP, in which I will be taking it off if
> > that
> > was the case.'
> >
> > 3. Can you snap a couple of more pics of the system alone and from the
> > rear
> > of the car? I want to see how much the cans actually show from the
rear,
> > since they are not polished all the way through. The pics you posted on
> > the
> > M5board looks different from the youtube vid. On the vid, it seems like
a
> > good part of the exhaust is exposed under the tips. In the pics you
> > posted,
> > it seems like they are tucked up pretty far.
> >
> > 4. Is it a 2 can or 4 can exhaust? 3" or 3.5" tips? I cannot find any
> > info on the UUC site regarding any specs.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Mike
> >
>
>

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Corsa Installation Sheet Says 3.0 Pro-Series Tips

Mike,
Look at the top right of the Install sheet It says Twin 3.0.

Is this a mistake or are they really 3.0 instead of 3.5 what they should be.
The sound from what can hear from clips is great but the tips I'm concerned about. I feel that outer polished diameter of the tips should have been longer so that they go under the valance further.

As far as power loss let's hope they did there homework and at minimun don't loose power.

We are all waiting for your input, pics and sound clips.

Frank

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pixs & Clips will be post soon

Fellas, I will have the pixs and the clips of the exhaust on my beast for you guys next week! :cheers: Or you guys can come meet me at the BBQ this Sunday @ Wheel Power! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Fellas, I will have the pixs and the clips of the exhaust on my beast for you guys next week! :cheers: Or you guys can come meet me at the BBQ this Sunday @ Wheel Power! :M5thumbs:
Hey Mandisa,

I wanna go to the wheel power event just so that I can see yours in person... too bad I can't make it... :grrrrr: Can you please tell us if the tips are indeed 3.5" each? Can't wait for your pics and clips. :cheers:
You probably did not get a chance to dyno yet, but how does your butt feel? (hey, butt dyno is better than no dyno for now)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Mandisa,

I wanna go to the wheel power event just so that I can see yours in person... too bad I can't make it... :grrrrr: Can you please tell us if the tips are indeed 3.5" each? Can't wait for your pics and clips. :cheers:
You probably did not get a chance to dyno yet, but how does your butt feel? (hey, butt dyno is better than no dyno for now)
Yea...bro, it will be nice if we can meet in person. :M5thumbs: The tips are 3.5" and I will try to get some good shot for you next week after I have it dyno as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yea...bro, it will be nice if we can meet in person. :M5thumbs: The tips are 3.5" and I will try to get some good shot for you next week after I have it dyno as well. :cheers:
As soon as you get it installed, perhaps I can go to wherever you are going so I can see, feel and hear it! Also, are you going to do a before and after dyno, since you haven't put it on yet? You were asking for a local place in SGV, how about driving a little bit to paramount (30 minutes south of SGV) to RPi. They have a dyno there and can install the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
As soon as you get it installed, perhaps I can go to wherever you are going so I can see, feel and hear it! Also, are you going to do a before and after dyno, since you haven't put it on yet? You were asking for a local place in SGV, how about driving a little bit to paramount (30 minutes south of SGV) to RPi. They have a dyno there and can install the exhaust.
Mandisa, another member (ALTANertive) also going to RPI for Arqray exhaust install tomorrow with pre/post dyno. If you free, you should get your Corsa install and do pre/post dyno. It will give a good comparison between the two since both with be dyno with similar condition, same operator and dyno machine.

Edit: if you already installed your exhaust, still should get dyno done at RPI as well. Don't wait til next week. We need your result by the bar-b-q meet.grrrrrrr

·
Registered
210 Posts
HeHe...

Mandisa, another member (ALTANertive) also going to RPI for Arqray exhaust install tomorrow with pre/post dyno. If you free, you should get your Corsa install and do pre/post dyno. It will give a good comparison between the two since both with be dyno with similar condition, same operator and dyno machine.

Edit: if you already installed your exhaust, still should get dyno done at RPI as well. Don't wait til next week. We need your result by the bar-b-q meet.grrrrrrr
HeHe...it was funny that I just send you a text msg, then saw your post here! :hihi: I would love to go with your suggestion, but do they open on Saturday? :confused: I think I will only have time on Saturday and then get the result ready for the BBQ meet this Sunday. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
HeHe...it was funny that I just send you a text msg, then saw your post here! :hihi: I would love to go with your suggestion, but do they open on Saturday? :confused: I think I will only have time on Saturday and then get the result ready for the BBQ meet this Sunday. :M5thumbs:
Call Eloy up (562-630-5966), usually they don't open on Sat, but who know. But if you manage to get out from your multi-billion business and be there on Fri, it would benefit you more because you will know how you stand compared other M5 with similar mod. Sound interested?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you are going to RPi on a Sat and they are open, I'll go down there and meet you up. I really want to see/hear the Corsa and Dyno Results in person.

I just called Eloy. He is booked for this Saturday. However, he said to call him and schedule an appt. He does not take walk-ins on Sats.

BTW, how did you get this exhaust so soon? UUC is barely getting it in this week?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Call Eloy up (562-630-5966), usually they don't open on Sat, but who know. But if you manage to get out from your multi-billion business and be there on Fri, it would benefit you more because you will know how you stand compared other M5 with similar mod. Sound interested?
Yea...if I go to Eloy then I will also have my scoope install there too! :M5thumbs: By any chances do you know what will be the rate of the installation and how's the job done there? :confused: Please advice, thanks! :cheers: BTW, did you get my text msg just awhile ago tho, bro? :confused:

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Hey guys,

First of all, we have great news! The shipment from Corsa is on the way and should arrive at UUC either tomorrow (Friday) or on Monday.

Second, the installation guide above is incorrect, I accidentally sent out a pre-release version with a typographical error on the tip size. To confirm the technical specs:

321 stainless steel 3" pipes
304 stainless steel RSC tuning elements (mufflers) and tips
3.5" double wall, angle cut tips
28 lbs. lighter than stock components it replaces​

Third, and this may be what many of you are waiting for, dyno results with a full production system are in:

Pics, video, and ordering:

http://www.nexternal.com/uuc/Product620

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I don't remember exactly how much I paid total back then because I have other things done as well,i.e, 2nd cats and resonator in/out several time.

The installation is simple, but I like the fact that RPI cross check everything after installed like check for air leak, fitment, and even test drive for rattle noise in case you notice something. Then dyno afterward. In my case, the clamp provided by my exhaust manufacturer is not perfectly seal, so, he went out and get me a band clamp and recheck for leak (very important:nono:) Call him up to schedule on fri/sat. Don't show at Wheelpower without your Corsa exhaust.:nono:

:cheers:

Yea...if I go to Eloy then I will also have my scoope install there too! :M5thumbs: By any chances do you know what will be the rate of the installation and how's the job done there? :confused: Please advice, thanks! :cheers: BTW, did you get my text msg just awhile ago tho, bro? :confused:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts