BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

After a great weeks holiday to Wales (and the associated drive there and back...), I was wondering how far the glass roof should slide back.

Should the sliding cover retract right into the rooflining, and therefore the glass roof slide right into the roof?

Mine seems to slide back and then sounds and looks a bit as though it gets stuck just before the handle part of the cover disappears. It sort of stutters as though there a gear slipping on a track (what caused the issue on an old Peugeot many years ago). I seem to remember one time when it did retract right back, but it did complain a bit, and it did come back out when closing it.

Ring any bells as a common problem? I've no doubt that lack of use, despite the tropical climate of the UK, may have caused this, and a bit of grease or simple time will fix it, but thought I'd ask anyway :)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Frye, I thought as much, need to start checking what's sticking then.

·
Registered
524 Posts
^^ what Frye said.

I did read a few posts recently about the cardboard layer being deposited out of the sunroof when people were closing their roofs. perhaps that has got jammed up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts