BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just got my new(to me) M5 - 2005 Silverstone II - and I am loving every single minute in it - will post pics soon but my first question is - what should the idle speed be?? When I stop at a red light the idle is about 700rpm, but it creeps up to hold at about 900-950rpm? Is this correct???
thanks
Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what version of what??!!! Not sure what you mean - I just bought it from BMW - would have hoped that all software updates were installed - I asked for the i-drive to be updated to the latest version which they did - but 900rpm feels a little too high.....

Is there a way to find out what version I am running and then what version I SHOULD be running!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please help!!

I posted a few days ago with what I thought was a simple question - before I go and shout at my dealer for not prepping the car properly.....what is the correct idling speed for a 2005 M5??!!

Got some handy info from Gus but not the answer!!! Please can anyone chip in with their experience even if its not BMW text-book!!!

Mine is currently idling at 900 rom which does feel a bit high.....at first it idles at about 700rpm but then slowly creeps up to 900-950rpm!!!

thanks very much indeed
Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts