BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my TEC Accessories E39 cup holder. It is a single cup holder which stores in the small storage compartment behind the ashtray. It integrates into the storage compartment and the accordian slide door still functions. Just slide the door back, press on the holder, the holder springs out, and your ready to go! Not cheap, pretty pricey, but very functional and got it for a good price. The link is: www.tecaccessories.com. Check it out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't believe I just impulse bought a hundred dollar cupholder. Oh well, every cupholder in my car is broken and it is kinda hard to counter-steer with your latte in one hand ;)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It seems to me like actually putting a drink in the TEC cupholder would interfere with shifting way too much.

I love my ultimate cup holders. They're awesome.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I asked for a TEC for my birthday. Today is the day, so we will see if I got my wish. I hope to be posting tomorrow how cool it is after I install it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked for a TEC for my birthday. Today is the day, so we will see if I got my wish. I hope to be posting tomorrow how cool it is after I install it.
It took me about 2 minutes to figure out how to swap the cubby hole for the cupholder. Other than that the install is a snap, literally. Love the way it tucks away and the quality of the product. I'm a real gadget guy and this is right up my alley.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a TEC cup holder and I bought my son their pico pen. Both excellent quality and very ingenious designs. Does a cup holder count as a mod?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
It seems to me like actually putting a drink in the TEC cupholder would interfere with shifting way too much.
This can be true to an extent. Shorter items like soda cans are no worry. Taller items make you conscious of their presence, and perhaps change your arm angle, indeed. That said, I have never elbowed a beverage.

Slightly more disconcerting, the holder lets tall+skinny beverages list side-to-side in cornering. That said, I have never had one fall out and spill.

A lot depends on the size of the container, the length of one's arm, and the angle at which one grabs the shifter. If you are a long-armed, low-angled, fist-grip shifter, who likes big beverages, this item will be dicey for you.

I love mine. Sleek design and strong build quality, plus it hides away. BTW, I'm an over-hand egg-cracking shifter, most of the time.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Wirelessly posted (laidback: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/20.0.015; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

i have the tec cup holder and the ipod dock (were the ash tray is located) and i never had any issues with shifting.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
HA!!

Wirelessly posted (laidback: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/20.0.015; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

i have the tec cup holder and the ipod dock (were the ash tray is located) and i never had any issues with shifting.
That's because you have short arms and shift like a GIRL!!:hihi:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
LOL...yup! I like caressing LoLa and getting Lucio (Z4MC)worked up :thumbsup:
That's because you have short arms and shift like a GIRL!!:hihi:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts