BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced a lower radiator hose and did a coolant flush and then fill. Immediately after filling the reservoir up the first time I noticed something was off. There is no coolant bleed screw. Upon investigating, it seems like there should be one on the firewall right above the brake booster, and I have 2 hoses there that were joined, but they were both plugged with a solid steel rod, preventing coolant to flow through. I constructed a temporary solution that allows me to vent air out and plug it the rest of the time, connecting those 2 hoses together again so that coolant can pass through. I can’t find a part number or any more info on the bleed screw, or whatever is sandwiched between those hoses off the heater control valve so i have no idea where to start. Can someone give me some pointers on how I should fix this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It may be import to note that the M5 is a 11/90 production Canadian market car. The diagram on realoem shows that the secondary water pump near the heater control valve is bypassed with hose #16 for canadian cars. That still doesn’t explain why the hose was intentionally blocked. It had the original BMW clamps and all. RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts