BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
You know, I'm positive that I used to have a poster on my office wall of a 3.0CSL in flight at the same location on the ring! Does anyone else remember that picture?

It looks like I'm going to have to sign up for a Taxi-ride!

JJ

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
YEP!!! Still have it on my office wall! HJ Stuck at the wheel in the CSL wasn't it?

jaj said:
You know, I'm positive that I used to have a poster on my office wall of a 3.0CSL in flight at the same location on the ring! Does anyone else remember that picture?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great pic. With the suspension hanging like that, it gives it a diferent off road look.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Stevie

I thought it was HJ Stuck in the picture too, but I wasn't sure - it was on my wall a long time ago - 1977!! When I saw this post, it was WHAM! I've seen this before!

That poster is probably why I drive an M5, now that I think about it...

Cheers
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jaj said:
The 3.0CSL picture seems to be taken at Sprunghugel. This picture is at Quiddelbacher Höhe.

The Stuck picture in the CSL is a classic!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice pic. I was there this weekend and saw the Taxi go by many times. Two drivers; Sabine and the guy in the picture. I would have given anything to have had the camera out when I watched Sabine pass the tour bus at the apex of a corner...sideways...
Carrera GT was lapping Sunday and Monday, too...
I think I need to move to Germany.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fast6 said:
Nice pic. I was there this weekend and saw the Taxi go by many times. Two drivers; Sabine and the guy in the picture. I would have given anything to have had the camera out when I watched Sabine pass the tour bus at the apex of a corner...sideways...
Carrera GT was lapping Sunday and Monday, too...
I think I need to move to Germany.
:7:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Great PIC! Do you have the high res version of it?

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EBMCS03 said:
Great PIC! Do you have the high res version of it?
It's by a semi-professional photographer friend, so I am afraid the hi-res version is available for a (minor) contribution to his equipment fund. Contact him directly if you're interested - his details are in the low-res version.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts