BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car into the dealership for some service among other things and when I got my car back yesterday, everything looked brand new.

Today while driving to work I noticed that the control screen just below the mileage/miles this trip/temperature screens was not showing the usual message which went something like this: "Range: 215 miles" Basically it was telling me how many miles I had left for the current tank. How do I get my control screen to show it again (yes I know it's on the Navigation system screen but I want it on the other one too).

Have anyone else seen this display or had something else displayed other than "Release Parking Brake" or "Fasten Seatbelts"

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked through the manual but it was mentioning key positions and crap and I couldn't find out where it described what the key positions were.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hey Grandx, there is a setting screen in the nav control itself which dictates what gets shown on the dashboard. I got some info that i didnt want off my dash, ie milege consumption 2. I dont remember off hand how you get to it, but I am pretty sure you go into the OBC of the nav screen and you will see the settings in there. If you have any problems just post back and i will find you the exact screens to go to.

fas

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M5Lauderdale was correct, the left stem has a button titled BC that cycles through all of the options.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i guess i misunderstood what you are saying, but what i mean is you can decide what you wish have cycle through on the dashboard, for instance you can take out the date from the cycle by using the setting on the nav screen

fas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts