BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bushing in my control arms are dead. Had them replaced under warranty not even a year ago. Is there anything else out there that is better to replace them with?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
There are the Powerflex bushings that you can get at Beastpower.

What makes you think they're the bushings, though?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bavarian Autosport has their Heavy Duty bushings which are made by Meyle. I have them on my car and it tightened up the front end a lot; eliminated shaking at speed and stamped out shudders and vibrations when decelerating. Braking pedal feel is a noticably firmer, more positive feel.

You won't be disappointed if you get these. www.bavauto.com or 800.535.2002<----- Love that phone number...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the shop and they said that the bushing were shot. I can't remember if you need to replace the whole control arm or if I just get the bushings and push them in? Basically the car makes a horrbile noise and I can feel it in the steering wheel. All I need to do is have the engine on and sit in a parking lot and turn the wheel left or right and when I drive you can hear it when I again go left and right, doesn't matter if the car is stationary or moving. Turner and bavauto are two of the best numbers in my cell! What is this lower control arm monoball kit? And is it worth it or would I be throwing money on the ground?
http://www.dinancars.com/store/Lower-Control-Arm-Monoball-Kit-c-366-p-2604.html

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Just be careful.

My car's at the stealer right now getting some work done because of that same reasons. It started with the bushings but now apparently there's a whole bunch of other stuff that went wrong because of that. The terminology escapes me (which I shall correct once I get the bills), but the car vibrating affected other things, including the transmission mounts. I can't tell you exactly what it's gonna cost because they're also replacing the valve cover gaskets (did i say that right?) and it's $2200 in total...out of which I only have to pay a $100 deductible. Extended warranties FTW!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remember correctly I have heard of people using the x5 bushings as they are better than the M5's. Is this true or worth doing? I am getting a freebie from the dealer as I had my control arms and bushing replace less than a year ago. So everything is covered under warranty.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
I vote motor mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts