BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been reading for a while (thank you for all of the education) and am considering finally making my used E63 M6 purchase.

I am in Australia, and the M6 I am considering purchasing is a 2007 - MY08 update model from a BMW dealer. I have only briefly looked at the car and will arrange a proper inspection and a test drive next week when I have more time, however looking at pictures the lights do not look like the LED lights. Doesn't the mid life upgrade model for the 2008 model year have LED lights?

I have the VIN No. and the production date from the dealer and it is listed as April 25 2007 with delivery and first registration on August 23. Can someone please tell me when the production dates of the E63 M6 upgrade model were?

Pictures attached below. Thanks very much.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but LED is only on the turn signals, front and back, not headlights if that was your question. The other lighting difference is orange reflectors forward of the front wheels, but these may be painted over by the previous owner. The official name for the mid-life upgrade is LCI (life-cycle impulse). You should be able to search and find the production date this started.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That black car in your original pictures is most definitely a pre-LCI vehicle, besides the turn signal "eyebrow" lights not being LED there is no middle brake light in the trunk lid. They changed that in the LCI Coupe model, the middle light integrated in the trunk like the convertible.

I believe the build date for an LCI is around September of 2007. I would guess an April 2007 should still be MY07, have you looked at the VIN and checked out the details closer? Here is the LCI information:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4610352/e63-e64-life-cycle-impulse-pdf-468k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts