BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a dilemma.

I finally got a secondhand computer to run DIS so came to try it and i get an error as follows:

DIAGNOSTIC BUS ERROR
A system fault has occurred.
The connection to the diagnostic
head must be checked.

Error number: 200. 151

Although INPA works fine and connects every time

Can someone please advise.
Thank you
Paul

·
Registered
203 Posts
The last time I tried to use DIS I had exactly the same issue but I really haven't had ther time to spend diagnosing the problem. I'm pretty sure you will have a complete installation guide for the software but if you don't, PM me your email and I can send you one. I'm sure someone will chip in with an answer to this. Hopefully!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thank you for your response

I'm using Windows 7 64bit
I have a 160 gb hdd
And 3gbs memory

When going into inpa and into the settings I doesn't show the diag head in the list
I'm using a bmcables diag head

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Save yourself the trouble, format and redo everything in Win7 32bit. I tried installing INPA and DIS many different ways, Win7 32bit worked best for me! Even in 64bit, you might run into trouble trying to use NCSExpert.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried to run the DiagHead program but it gives an 'Microsoft .net Framework error in handled exceptîon has occurred blah blah blah Access to the registry key ' HKEY_Local_machine\software\bmw\diagheademul' is denied

Then you click continue
Then run
It then gives another error
No enabled adapter with IP "192.168.68."found
I don't know why the end (1) is missing?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I've tried to run the DiagHead program but it gives an 'Microsoft .net Framework error in handled exceptîon has occurred blah blah blah Access to the registry key ' HKEY_Local_machine\software\bmw\diagheademul' is denied

Then you click continue
Then run
It then gives another error
No enabled adapter with IP "192.168.68."found
I don't know why the end (1) is missing?
Paul, email me (username)@gmail.com
I can look into it for you tonight or tomorrow via TeamViewer if you want

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whilst in DIS i clicked the TIS button on the top right and the bars on the top lit up but when exiting they went off again?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Unless you have the actual physical yellow diaghead, don't worry about the bars either, you don't need them. I think I know the problem. We'll see when we arrange a session.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again

Its probably something simple

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Unless you have the actual physical yellow diaghead, don't worry about the bars either, you don't need them. I think I know the problem. We'll see when we arrange a session.
Please post your findings as my DIS gives me similar grief. I have win 7(64) with XP mode. No issues with INPA, or NCS in XP or INPA in win 7. DIS connects to the Diagnostic head in VM (Win 7) but won't talk to the vehicle even though INPA has no issues.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please post your findings as my DIS gives me similar grief. I have win 7(64) with XP mode. No issues with INPA, or NCS in XP or INPA in win 7. DIS connects to the Diagnostic head in VM (Win 7) but won't talk to the vehicle even though INPA has no issues.

You do not need the diagnostic head app.

Having spent countless hours last year getting this to run I came accross a very simple way to get DIS running - Save yourself the hassle and just install win XP 32 bit. Once you get INPA up and running successfully, and you have VMware ver. 6.x running feel free to pm me and I can give you more detail.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
It will run just fine in 64-bit. I have everything running on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Make sure you disable your Anti-virus software and your firewall before you run the software and try to make the connection.

Reactions: mailman

·
Registered
203 Posts
It will run just fine in 64-bit. I have everything running on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Make sure you disable your Anti-virus software and your firewall before you run the software and try to make the connection.
I wonder if this simple point could be the reason I can't connect? I'll try it next time. Thanks!

Reactions: sor118

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna try installing win xp and see how that goes. I'll keep you posted
Thanks

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Reactions: TheShafro

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i ended up installing Vista 32bit as for some reason XP wouldnt let me install INPA ???
anyway ive installed INPA and DIS, INPA works just fine but again DIS isnt communicating with the Diag Head(BMCABLES.com).

Any advise would be greatfully received.
Regards,
Paul

P.s I noticed when installing INPA using the BMCABLES.COM cd it installs 2 versions of Ediabas

1 - 20 of 22 Posts