BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this info from BMWNA or from printouts from my dealer.
Have a week 37 build, started on the 9th and completed QC on the 20th???
When I checked today, thinking it may even be loaded on a ship today or this week sometime, I'm told the computer now still says all the above but production date Oct 3 !!!!!
My dealer has no clue and BMW NA said maybe they're missing a part becuase of all the orders coming in (BS) but also not 100% sure.
Can anyone speculate what the ....... could be going on here. :crying:

Of course these are minor details in the big picture, but I've almost been counting the days since my deposit 3yrs ago and it's so close I can smell it :wroom: !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Not too crazy. Read my timeline thread, scroll all the way down:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58825

Plus, you have to catch a ship to Cali, which might explain a slightly longer delay. Sometimes you hit the cycle right, sometimes you don't. Also, these cars sat in 155 production complete/QC longer than any of the other four E39 M5's I've had.

'06 on the water
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
You're not the only one in this situation....read my post in the thread below:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58638&page=4

In fact, while at the dealership today, they noticed a very similar production date for my car (Oct.4). When you look further into their system, however, it confirms my original production date of Sept.6th.

M5floyd is also in the same "twilight zone". I'm hoping some lazy worker over at BMW has our paperwork buried under his half-eaten sandwich and hasn't entered an update on our cars (...and they are actually on a boat right now, resting up for their new owners:wroom: ). Something similar happened on my E46 M3. If this had not happened on my M3, I would be going postal right now, and on the next flight to Germany to go look for my car.grrrrrrr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
FaastM5 said:
You're not the only one in this situation....read my post in the thread below:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58638&page=4

In fact, while at the dealership today, they noticed a very similar production date for my car (Oct.4). When you look further into their system, however, it confirms my original production date of Sept.6th.

M5floyd is also in the same "twilight zone". I'm hoping some lazy worker over at BMW has our paperwork buried under his half-eaten sandwich and hasn't entered an update on our cars (...and they are actually on a boat right now, resting up for their new owners:wroom: ). Something similar happened on my E46 M3. If this had not happened on my M3, I would be going postal right now, and on the next flight to Germany to go look for my car.grrrrrrr
Something very similar has happend to me. In Canada, our status codes are a bit different. I am a week 38 build and my status has been 55 (155 U.S.) since Sept. 12th and hasnt changed since! My prod. date is different however... Neither me nor my dealer understand whats going on... Others from my area in Canada on the board have their VIN's on the shipping websites and will be arriving in Halifax at the beginning of Oct.. What the **** is going on!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
I emailed BOTH shipping companies and never got a reply to "where/how is my car and the eta on them putting on 1 of their ships.


As long as our cars are shipped by next Tuesday, we are still looking alright for a 3rd week october delivery.

m5floyd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Barry said:
All this info from BMWNA or from printouts from my dealer.
Have a week 37 build, started on the 9th and completed QC on the 20th???
When I checked today, thinking it may even be loaded on a ship today or this week sometime, I'm told the computer now still says all the above but production date Oct 3 !!!!!
My dealer has no clue and BMW NA said maybe they're missing a part becuase of all the orders coming in (BS) but also not 100% sure.
Can anyone speculate what the ....... could be going on here. :crying:

Of course these are minor details in the big picture, but I've almost been counting the days since my deposit 3yrs ago and it's so close I can smell it :wroom: !
Barry, did you order your car with out the HUD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I guess misery loves company. Somehow it feels better now.
I did order the HUD.
I've been to the factories in Dingolfing and Munich and the QC is the last thing they do on the completed vehicles. In theory there should not be a hold up there.
To the contrary, in Spartanburg, I did see Z3's completed their "QC" but still waiting for rear bumbers or some trim piece. So could it be something quirky thing like that or HOPEFULLY, as said above, actually on the ship............
But this new Oct "production date" when the car is already built is whacky and concerning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Barry said:
But this new Oct "production date" when the car is already built is whacky and concerning.

is it possible that some cars failed inspection so badly that they have to be rebuilt? :confused2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
I know for a fact mine was redone. I had a finish build date of sept 6th, it then changed to sept 9th, then changed to the 14th. THEN it was finsished and sat for a few days awating transport to the dock. Now it has been at the dock for almost 2 weeks. So I beilve it failed inspection and was awaiting a part. BUT there is no reason for THIS DELAY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
m5floyd said:
I know for a fact mine was redone. I had a finish build date of sept 6th, it then changed to sept 9th, then changed to the 14th. THEN it was finsished and sat for a few days awating transport to the dock. Now it has been at the dock for almost 2 weeks. So I beilve it failed inspection and was awaiting a part. BUT there is no reason for THIS DELAY
So, dealer today says, spoke to the port and this is "quite usual"?? ie sitting at/after QC. Since my ship will be leaving on the 4th (they know this already??), I guess I haven't "missed the boat" just yet.
More later..............I hope
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,101 Posts
Barry said:
All this info from BMWNA or from printouts from my dealer.
Have a week 37 build, started on the 9th and completed QC on the 20th???
When I checked today, thinking it may even be loaded on a ship today or this week sometime, I'm told the computer now still says all the above but production date Oct 3 !!!!!
My dealer has no clue and BMW NA said maybe they're missing a part becuase of all the orders coming in (BS) but also not 100% sure.
Can anyone speculate what the ....... could be going on here. :crying:

Of course these are minor details in the big picture, but I've almost been counting the days since my deposit 3yrs ago and it's so close I can smell it :wroom: !
I am in the exact same situation as you. Week 37 to be completed Oct. 3! I was really hoping to receive my car before my birthday. Guess not...

Maybe it has something to do with color combos and options?

'Rocket
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top