BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I finally got it! LOL

90% of Instagram e60 m5 videos are of irresponsible kids slicing through highway traffic at 150+ mph
Lol
I mean the f10 is a nicer looking car

The e60 is for someone that enjoys driving and doesnt need people thinking they are wealthy

·
Registered
753 Posts
The e60 is for someone that enjoys driving and doesnt need people thinking they are wealthy
Actually for those of us who know, anyone who owns an E60 M5 is pretty wealthy to properly keep up with the repairs, maintenance, and gas. Then there are those the instagram kids who will soon find out they can't afford to keep it running and dump the car, but at least they were able to get some good stuff on their instagram. Some will not be worth saving, other will fall in the hands of those who can look after it properly. In the long term this will thin out the herd quite substantially and make the ones that survive increase in value.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I believe the e60 to be one of most beautiful cars ever made when form follows function is the yard stick next to 1964 Jag XKE

(On its release on 15 March 1961[3] Enzo Ferraricalled it "the most beautiful car ever made".[7])

Love the Bangle “flame surfacing” design, it is so effective that a practical 56” tall 4 door sedan can hit 200 mph with only 507 hp

All the scoops and whoops in today’s design language have no function except to slow the car down

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I own both still
If i was dd if would be f10
If u are enthusiast and only drive occasionally and dont care about how people would percieve you then the e60 is ur choice!
LOL what do you mean how people perceive you 😂

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I mean most people would think the f10 is the better car and most people care about what people think

·
Registered
314 Posts
I mean most people would think the f10 is the better car and most people care about what people think
I care about what my dog thinks of me. He's very judgmental.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I believe the e60 to be one of most beautiful cars ever made when form follows function is the yard stick next to 1964 Jag XKE

(On its release on 15 March 1961[3] Enzo Ferraricalled it "the most beautiful car ever made".[7])

Love the Bangle “flame surfacing” design, it is so effective that a practical 56” tall 4 door sedan can hit 200 mph with only 507 hp

All the scoops and whoops in today’s design language have no function except to slow the car down
Sorry, no, the E60 is not beautiful by any means. Non-M version are downright ugly. The M treatment makes the car barely passable.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry, no, the E60 is not beautiful by any means. Non-M version are downright ugly. The M treatment makes the car barely passable.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Shutting down someone's without reason is not constructive in any way.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No problem, I have always been an inner beauty type of guy.
In 40 years of owning cars ( never leased) I have never been keyed.

Nor has Dealerships or Leasing companies dictated what insurance coverage I needed to buy or what services I had to have performed by dealer.

I refuse to be seen in a “look at me” type of car

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think both e39 and e60 have their positives and negatives in the looks department. It just depends which angle you're looking at it from.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Shutting down someone's without reason is not constructive in any way.
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I owned a Z3M clown shoe and I thought it was awesome looking, most people thought it was weird. To me the non-M E60 looks homely.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think it is all personal preference and what you want to end up with. I have no doubt stock vs. stock the F10 is faster and from the numbers i'm sure its quite a bit more torque prevalent driving around town which can be fun. When I bought my E60 (in 2020) the prices of the F10 had fallen enough that it was worth a look based on the power alone but I've always been a fan of the E60 looks, not quite as much the non //M but still don't think they are ugly just not as aggressive looking as the //M versions.

If you're on the fence I'd drive both and see which makes you happier. They both have potential issues but as does any high performance car depending on its current and former history so it boils down to what do you like the looks of and get the enjoyment of behind the wheel. My decision came down to I prefer the E60 looks, and owning a V10, 200mph family car was just something I had to do in my life, whether it is a car to keep forever or a few years experience remains to be seen.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I owned a Z3M clown shoe and I thought it was awesome looking, most people thought it was weird. To me the non-M E60 looks homely.
I think the shoe looks good. I wouldn't blatantly tell someone they are wrong for thinking it look bad.

I do agree the basic e60 looks off in my opinion, but not awful. Just missing something extra.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Do I love my F10? Yep
Do I eventually want to buy my E60 back from my buddy who's fixing it? Yep! Would love to keep it in storage and take it out on nice weekends.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why not buy both? 😂 But I would buy the E60 because first of all, it sounds better. Second of all (which makes the most sense), it has already depreciated almost 100%. The F10 is still half the price of what it was when new.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts