BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...will take place in the middle of April. With a visit to a certain Swedish supercar manufacturer.

Ideas:

• Nice high-res pics
  • Lift it up and psot pictures of the underneath of the car
  • Drive alot with it
Any more ideas? :1:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
The aspect of the car that calls for perhaps the most exploration is the SMG. How fast are the shifts and, as importantly, how smooth are the shifts in both the various manual and automatic modes? Comparisons with SMG II would be especially useful since much has been written about SMG II and many members here have their own experiences.

Also, please assess ride quality in comparison to other models with which many here are familiar -- M3, M5, 545I, etc.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: Confirmed! m5board.com roadtest of Interlagosblue M5 in April. Post your opinions

Gustav said:
...will take place in the middle of April. With a visit to a certain Swedish supercar manufacturer.

Ideas:

• Nice high-res pics
  • Lift it up and psot pictures of the underneath of the car
  • Drive alot with it
Any more ideas? :1:
that are great news. do you know how long you will have the car?

please look in the service manual and tell me, which oil the m5 needs...

some detailed pictures of the braking system would be nice too

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Confirmed! m5board.com roadtest of Interlagosblue M5 in April. Post your opinions

A couple of days :2:

·
Registered
675 Posts

hows about a comparison with an e39 m5 ? After all anyone with any sense knows thats the only true competitor to the new M5 ?

:wroom:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Movies will be some problems to host, but sure we wil take some and directly laod them onto the notebock we bring.

An E39 M5 should be easy to find, E55 AMG a bit more difficult. We will definetly try to get some timing equipment, or maybe the Swedish supercar manufacturer has some ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I want to second the previous post about SMGIII & ride dynamics,

1. How is the SMG in casual, low load driving? Does it provide a reasonable experience. I don't care about the full throttle experience, as I expect that's its forte. Since this will be both my daily driver as well as the default, let's go out to dinner with friends car, I care about the SMGIII when under light throttle.

2. How does the ride compare to E39? Again, 4 people on their way to an outing....E39 works great...E60???

3. In a single application, how do the brakes work? Better than E39? I am not concerned with repeated stop/fade, just how well do they work from a 160kmh stop, once?

Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gustav said:
Any more ideas?
1. Diameters of all pipes of exhaust
2. The shape of air filters
3. The dimensions of mounting points of rear diff
I understand that all are very strange but I belive that I found something interesting about mechanicals of new BMW's.
EDIT:
I forgot about two things:
4. Lenghts of each part of exhaust
5. Dimensions of cooler and how it is exactly with separate cooling circuts of each bank of the cylinders

·
Registered
955 Posts

please properly properly abuse the test car, Gustav! :flag:

·
Registered
127 Posts

Gustav said:
Movies will be some problems to host, but sure we wil take some and directly laod them onto the notebock we bring.

An E39 M5 should be easy to find, E55 AMG a bit more difficult. We will definetly try to get some timing equipment, or maybe the Swedish supercar manufacturer has some ;)
Cool!

I got status 182 (released to carrier) today. This means there will be at least
two customer M5 out at the same time me and member Cidair.

Let´s get together for som nice pictures and a race. I have a great contact at
a closed part of Vasteras Airport that serves as a racing track.

Let´s see if you can beat me on the way to get there...

//Ekan

·
Registered
955 Posts

EKAN said:
Cool!

I got status 182 (released to carrier) today. This means there will be at least
two customer M5 out at the same time me and member Cidair.

Let´s get together for som nice pictures and a race. I have a great contact at
a closed part of Vasteras Airport that serves as a racing track.

Let´s see if you can beat me on the way to get there...

//Ekan
that's AWSOME!!! congrats to you for the long overdue new car.

you know when approximately you'll be able to get the car?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jessem said:
I want to second the previous post about SMGIII & ride dynamics,

1. How is the SMG in casual, low load driving? Does it provide a reasonable experience. I don't care about the full throttle experience, as I expect that's its forte. Since this will be both my daily driver as well as the default, let's go out to dinner with friends car, I care about the SMGIII when under light throttle.

2. How does the ride compare to E39? Again, 4 people on their way to an outing....E39 works great...E60???

3. In a single application, how do the brakes work? Better than E39? I am not concerned with repeated stop/fade, just how well do they work from a 160kmh stop, once?

Thanks!
Will you also get a chance to drive the M6 or see it there?:2:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Gustav:

This is great news.

I am very interested in learning how the car feels to drive and how it performs compared to the E39 M5. I am also interested in how it feels to drive and performs compared to other vehicles on the market - what, for example, would it really be like if an E60 M5 and a new E55 and an RS6 were all traveling side-by-side at a steady 200kph and a race ensued?

What are the things that are unexpected - the things that nobody has yet noticed or written about that surprised you?

What is the true 0-200kph time? Is this car worth the long, long wait we've all been put through?

After finally driving the new M5 would you possibly be tempted by a 5.7 V12 Quatroportte or a Porsche Panamera?

Once again, thank you Gustav - you do a fantastic job for all of us.

Derek

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It was a difficult decision, but I had to do it ;) It will be very fun!

We should be able to find an RS6 as well. Erik could help us there.

Suretyagent said:
Once again, thank you Gustav - you do a fantastic job for all of us.

Derek

·
Registered
540 Posts

9852147 said:
that are great news. do you know how long you will have the car?

please look in the service manual and tell me, which oil the m5 needs...
The showcar that was here a couple of months ao had a "only fill with 10W-60" sticker in the engine bay, as did a couple press pics of the engine bays of the press cars

·
Registered
342 Posts
Gustav,

Say hello to the guys at the "egg" company :hihi:
I remember their lovely representative we talked with in Geneva last year

1 - 20 of 316 Posts