BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cheers:

Please post your opinions. Colour is Silverstone II, so I guess the Carbon roof will be visible :M5rev: The car is well un in with 30 000 km.

Please post your ideas and what you want us to cover. :thumbsup:

Here is the report we did on the BMW M5:

BMW M5 E60 roadtest

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have saphire black ext. silverstoneII int. M5 for the USA, as soon as I get my car. Pix will be on the board. I will also be doing major testing and will share.

floyd

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
hi Gustav

I would like to see both cars do a slalom test. Just to see how big the difference is between the two cars handling and ultimately performance.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Are there any comparisons with exotics planned? (Gallardo, 911, ...)

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is that it is on a weekday and it is late in the autumn, so this is a bit of risk taking. But at least soem comparisons with M5 and SL55 AMG. I'll speak to Koenigsegg regarding their airfiled as well.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
wOw, cant wait to read/see your report! 0-60 runs against the beast to see if there is any noticable diff, and as others reported, slaloms, and cornering contrasts to see if the M6 holds the corners even better... enjoy :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I doubt Gustav will be satisfied with only 0-60 tests ;) Probably 0-124mph are going to be more common :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I reckon you need an additonal photographer for the report, just so happen I am free to help! :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well the M6 will beat the M5 from 0-60 due to the tires, unless you'r in a grippy road. Make sure the road's grippy enough to really compare Gustav. Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Jad said:
Well the M6 will beat the M5 from 0-60 due to the tires, unless you'r in a grippy road. Make sure the road's grippy enough to really compare Gustav. Thanks
This is the same car that been in the swedish press and everytime its been without Pirelli tire. So Its probably the same tires as the M5.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Gustav, how does Silvestone II differ from the E39 version? Have you seen them and what do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
StealthBlue said:
My fear: you will find that the M6 handles much better than the M5 and will make us doubt of our orders... hmmm :eek:
If they test it with the same tires, the difference will be minimal. It is totally unfair to test one car with track tires (Pirelli Corsa), and another with street tires.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Silverstone II is a bit less blue. Still blue, but less :haha:

Jim Dolan said:
Gustav, how does Silvestone II differ from the E39 version? Have you seen them and what do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Agreed on the tire fairness issue. Let's hope and see. But from what I have read on the board so far, the M6 handles much better.

Wolverine said:
If they test it with the same tires, the difference will be minimal. It is totally unfair to test one car with track tires (Pirelli Corsa), and another with street tires.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
A swedish carmag drove the M6 (the same car Gustav is borrowing) with the same tires as the M5 they drove, Continental Sportcontact 2.

They did a slalomtest and the speed for the M5 was 86km/h, 0,99g and for the M6 the speed was 90km/h, 1.06g. They drove the M6 around a track but unfortunly they didnt drove the M5.

But I remember Sportautos times around Hockenheim, M5 did it in 1.16,5 min, 645Ci did it in 1.16,8 min and M6 did it in 1.14,4 min

1 - 20 of 111 Posts