BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good place to have an M5 inspected before purchase in Concord, California. I typically shy away from dealerships for this but if I get a strong recommendation from board members for a local BMW dealer I may reconsider. But a good indy shop (any board members?) would be great.

What say you?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Looking for a good place to have an M5 inspected before purchase in Concord, California. I typically shy away from dealerships for this but if I get a strong recommendation from board members for a local BMW dealer I may reconsider. But a good indy shop (any board members?) would be great.

What say you?
Specifically in Concord? Do you have a perimeter zone that you might consider?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is in Concord so not too far from there. Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek that general area. It's not with a private party so it will be difficult to take it great distances or long period of time.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
The car is in Concord so not too far from there. Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek that general area. It's not with a private party so it will be difficult to take it great distances or long period of time.
No problem. Let me check my sources.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Talk to Dante at M Service in Walnut Creek.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting day. Spoke with the dealer regarding this M5. He was pretty forthcoming about the cosmetic issues that car has. Paint faded on hood and door handles, leather on dash pulling away from vents, sun damage on the top of rear seats and head rests. Has loads of service records. The original owner (1 owner car) kept the car up mechanically but kept it parked outside.

I spoke to him about PPI. He is fine with that but was not cool with Dante at M Service. Apparently some bad blood there. He said he is fine to take it anywhere but there.

So I called Wolfgang's. Nice conversation. But the funny thing in the conversation was when the person I spoke to said "we don't recommend that people buy these cars (e39 M5's)". But they'll be happy to do the PPI.

I'm driving down to see the car myself before I bother with the PPI.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Interesting day. Spoke with the dealer regarding this M5. He was pretty forthcoming about the cosmetic issues that car has. Paint faded on hood and door handles, leather on dash pulling away from vents, sun damage on the top of rear seats and head rests. Has loads of service records. The original owner (1 owner car) kept the car up mechanically but kept it parked outside.

I spoke to him about PPI. He is fine with that but was not cool with Dante at M Service. Apparently some bad blood there. He said he is fine to take it anywhere but there.

So I called Wolfgang's. Nice conversation. But the funny thing in the conversation was when the person I spoke to said "we don't recommend that people buy these cars (e39 M5's)". But they'll be happy to do the PPI.

I'm driving down to see the car myself before I bother with the PPI.
A shameless plug none the less, but mine is for sale and a lot closer than Walnut Creek. :rofl:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GBPackerfan1963, it is a lovely car but out of my price range. $20k is about the max for me. The one I'm looking at is <$17k.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
GBPackerfan1963, it is a lovely car but out of my price range. $20k is about the max for me. The one I'm looking at is <$17k.
Totally understand. Good luck. Hopefully be welcoming you to the Beast club soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts