BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00 m5 has been in shop for 1 week bc the computer is giving off faulty signals? at one dealership, then can't figure it out, so sending it to another. trying to reprogram it to save $---but their not sure. anyone familiar with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
bob

·
10,458 Posts
i think more detail would be helpful. What kind of false signals? are you getting an ses light? Fault codes? what is the dealer saying. what are the symptoms.
Mike

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
driving the car at 70--engines shut off--radio/air still on, then restarted and was fine. next day driving to work, car fine, the engines light on--running like ****??? car was reluctant to go----then fine with engine light off, then 5 minutes later back on.............bmw dealer says computer is giving off weird codes---also failed inspection bc couldn't read car computer

·
Registered
694 Posts
My BMW Service guy usually does what's called a "Puma Case." This way they send the diagnosis to many dealers and wait for responses as we do here on the board.

i'm sure you already know about this, but since it wasn't mentioned...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just bought car in feb--- not aware of any of this, I do appreciate the tips

thanks

hopefully hae answer for me today---at second dealership---can't wait to see my bill!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts