BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I bought the MSS52 modification tool single license, but most of items are still greyed... is it normal ?
My program version is detected as 211321001201
Thank you

·
Registered
386 Posts
Has anyone experimented with different throttle maps aside from using the Euro map? Are there really only 10 points that can be set (as can be adjusted with the MSS5x binary mod tool), or can you tweak the throttle map to a greater resolution with hex coding? I am currently using the Euro throttle maps and I still feel like the throttle response is slightly step-like, if that makes any sense. It is most noticeable as I roll into the throttle moderately versus just flooring it or driving gently. I have done quite a bit of maintenance on the car to make it's not a mechanical problem.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anyone experimented with different throttle maps aside from using the Euro map? Are there really only 10 points that can be set (as can be adjusted with the MSS5x binary mod tool), or can you tweak the throttle map to a greater resolution with hex coding? I am currently using the Euro throttle maps and I still feel like the throttle response is slightly step-like, if that makes any sense. It is most noticeable as I roll into the throttle moderately versus just flooring it or driving gently. I have done quite a bit of maintenance on the car to make it's not a mechanical problem.
+1 to this. I am also running the Euro map and feel the same way regarding the unsmooth-transitional throttle response.

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1 to this. I am also running the Euro map and feel the same way regarding the unsmooth-transitional throttle response.
I tried a straight linear map and it didn't help. Back to checking other things I guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do anyone have the hex address for K_MD_NORM and K_MD_ASC_BEGR for version 0601, 1601 or 1701 of mss52?

I did read on the m3 forum that those parameters are DSC related. And from what I understand, K_MD_NORM will calculate the intervention of the DSC and K_MD_ASC_BEGR will be the intrusivity of the DSC as of the torque.

So what I want to achieve with this is being able to keep DSC ON while i’am on track but having it less intrusive and smoother then OE. So the car will remain safe but more permissive.

If someone have more info about this, please share and let us know!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do anyone have the hex address for K_MD_NORM and K_MD_ASC_BEGR for version 0601, 1601 or 1701 of mss52?

I did read on the m3 forum that those parameters are DSC related. And from what I understand, K_MD_NORM will calculate the intervention of the DSC and K_MD_ASC_BEGR will be the intrusivity of the DSC as of the torque.

So what I want to achieve with this is being able to keep DSC ON while i’am on track but having it less intrusive and smoother then OE. So the car will remain safe but more permissive.

If someone have more info about this, please share and let us know!
From 1601

PHP:
  <XDFCONSTANT uniqueid="0x41B9" flags="0xC">
    <title>Torque management, limit, ASC control, minimum</title>
    <description>K_MD_ASC_BEGR
Minimum torque for ASC/DSC intervention</description>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="45" />
    <CATEGORYMEM index="1" category="18" />
    <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedaddress="0x7296" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
    <units>ft-lbs</units>   
    <outputtype>2</outputtype>
    <decimalpl>1</decimalpl>
    <rangehigh>1000.000000</rangehigh>
    <datatype>0</datatype>
    <unittype>0</unittype>
    <DALINK index="0" />
    <MATH equation="(x/10)*.7375621492772654">
      <VAR id="x" />
    </MATH>
  </XDFCONSTANT>

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks kmalinich!

I was working on it tonight and notice that the value at 0x7296 is set to 0 in the 1601 DME.

Is that normal?
Will increase it (the value) will reduce the dsc intervention?

Have you personally try it and can you comment?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would anyone be kind enough to take a full read from their MSS52 with MSSFlasher or BMWFlash please?

Thanks in advance!

Martyn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would anyone be kind enough to take a full read from their MSS52 with MSSFlasher or BMWFlash please?

Thanks in advance!

Martyn
Attached. Remove .pdf file extension as per usual

It's version 2113 2100 1601 D409. It's completely unaltered - my VIN and ISN are probably somewhere in it, no concern to me.

It (might) have a small amount of modifications compared to stock. I can't quite remember what they are, but I know in late 2017 I had only a very limited understanding of the MSS5x platform, so it can't be much. Nowadays my tuned bin is .. quite different from stock.

If you need it, I'd be happy to flash back to stock tune and then do another full read, just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks kmalinich!

I was working on it tonight and notice that the value at 0x7296 is set to 0 in the 1601 DME.

Is that normal?
Will increase it (the value) will reduce the dsc intervention?

Have you personally try it and can you comment?

Thanks again!
Sorry - totally missed this. I can personally confirm that it is indeed 0 (0x0000) in the stock binary, and increasing it does reduce the DSC intervention. After trying a number of values, mine is presently set at 37 ft-lbs, which unconverted is 0x01F6 in the binary. DSC is still what I would call very intrusive, especially with my square 275/30R19 setup, but slightly better than normal.

From what I've gathered/researched/personally experienced, when increasing it, you're basically raising the calculated torque output value that the engine must be presently meeting or exceeding for the DME to accept a torque reduction request of that amount from the DSC module.

The issue is - if you set it to something like, say, 200 ft-lbs ... is you get the tire slip that results from 200 ft-lbs of torque being applied (no matter the conditions - on ice, 50 ft-lbs could break the rear tires loose).. and it's not until the engine's torque output meets or exceeds that value that any torque output reduction is applied, and when it's applied, it's applied all at once. So if you've already broken the rear end loose a bit, as soon as that torque output figure hit's whatever is set... the DME says OK and drops the ban hammer REAL quick, and man, the experience of going from tire spin with the engine producing torque to suddenly no engine torque and tire grip rapidly setting in is... jarring at the least, and downright dangerous at most.

Try for yourself and let me know your findings, if you can/wouldn't mind doing so.

561 - 580 of 593 Posts