BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I started a thread for that but let's post here too after there are so many acquainted guys.

Anyone have a stock binary from MSS52 with DME version 211321001401 ?

I really need it to make a comparison with another tune. If anyone could send or tell me where I can download will highly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Have have the bins from my e39 however it’s been flashed with the sharkInjextor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just modified my throttle maps and warmup lights with the MSS5x binary modification tool and MSSFlasher. Big thanks to MartynT and paffy for these programs... very quick and easy to use.

Regarding the tach warmup lights, does anyone know why the last two lights go out together (5500-6k and 6k-6500) and is it possible to split them up to make them go out individually at different temps? Minor complaint I know, and I've set my temp values accordingly, but I just don't get why BMW did them that way.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just modified my throttle maps and warmup lights with the MSS5x binary modification tool and MSSFlasher. Big thanks to MartynT and paffy for these programs... very quick and easy to use.

Regarding the tach warmup lights, does anyone know why the last two lights go out together (5500-6k and 6k-6500) and is it possible to split them up to make them go out individually at different temps? Minor complaint I know, and I've set my temp values accordingly, but I just don't get why BMW did them that way.
The tach is just how the cluster/software was designed. The E46 M3 has at leas one more notch of resolution, if not more. But the 4 segments is just how it was designed on the E39.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I started a thread for that but let's post here too after there are so many acquainted guys.

Anyone have a stock binary from MSS52 with DME version 211321001401 ?

I really need it to make a comparison with another tune. If anyone could send or tell me where I can download will highly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Where i can read the DME version, i have many ori files, I can check and send the right one if i have it !

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just curious, has anyone figured out a way to modify the DME code settings to use the warm up lights to be as shift lights like on the E46M manual without any type of further hardware modification?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just curious, has anyone figured out a way to modify the DME code settings to use the warm up lights to be as shift lights like on the E46M manual without any type of further hardware modification?
The code just isn't there on the MSS52. "Easiest" way would probably be to run MSS54 software on the MSS52 and copy all the M5 parameters over. But that's not actually very easy to do.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if it would work. When I was messing with M5 and M3 clusters on the bench, I found the M5 cluster didn't really respond to rapidly changing warmup light values. Also the M5 doesn't have as many warning zones as the M3, so the effect might not work as well anyway.

541 - 560 of 593 Posts