BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have for sale the complete OEM front-end off of my 2003 Alpine White M5. Perfect for anyone who needs a replacement, or an upgrade for any non-M E39 owners.

OEM Front bumper, OEM rub strips, OEM tow-hook cover, OEM fog lights with frames and bulbs, OEM grill, and a brand-new OEM grill. There is zero damage to anything (no cracks to the bumper, fog lights work perfectly, etc), just the wear-and-tear of 135k+ miles i.e. chips and scrapes. Brand new would be $500 for the bumper, $40 for the rub strips, $20 for the tow-hook cover, $220 for the fogs, $30 for the frames, $20 for the bulbs, and $50 for the grill, which would total to $880 not including shipping (Source: ECS Tuning).

The whole package is yours for $600 cash picked-up (I'm located in the suburbs of Chicago), and I'll throw in the second grill (which is brand new) for free. While I prefer pick up, as you can see I am ready to package it all up and will gladly ship at buyer's expense. I believe the most cost-effective method will be Greyhound, which I think would be somewhere between $100-150, but I will leave that choice up to the buyer. Or I can deliver for a small fee. I will also gladly split up items, as long as you have a buyer/buyers for the parts which you aren't taking.

Please send me a PM, or if you cannot PM yet please leave your e-mail address and I'll contact you ASAP. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
You are asking the same price as all this stuff is new (other than the fogs). Someone politely asked for info on fog condition and you stated it's in the description. Yet all that the description says is that they are working. No photos or description of the glass. And for anyone wondering, ECS only charges around $75-90 to ship both front and rear bumper covers with all the associated parts (Greyhound should be $50-60). When you consider that with the fact that your cover has holes in it, you're pricing isn't competive at all and thefore will most likely sit here for a long time unless you lower it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are asking the same price as all this stuff is new (other than the fogs).
Not sure what this even means. I listed the price breakdown if one was to buy everything new.

Someone politely asked for info on fog condition and you stated it's in the description. Yet all that the description says is that they are working. No photos or description of the glass.
There is zero damage to anything (no cracks to the bumper, fog lights work perfectly, etc), just the wear-and-tear of 135k+ miles i.e. chips and scrapes.

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me. I can try to take some additional pictures again, but they didn't really show anything last time and I don't have a new set to compare them to.

And for anyone wondering, ECS only charges around $75-90 to ship both front and rear bumper covers
Unfortunately I don't have access to a commercial shipping account that gets better rates, so that comparison is useless. All I know is when I gave the weight and approximate dimensions to Greyhound and asked for a price to ship to California i.e. furthest distance from me, they gave me that range. I would presume that the shorter the distance, the less it would cost to ship through them but I can't speak to that as I've never shipped with them before.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What I was saying is you are asking $600. You can get all the parts new for $600 (excluding the fogs). When you factor in your shipping price vs what ECS charges, then this deal is even less competitive. In regards to the fogs, anyone interested will want to see the glass on the fog lights. You don't mention the condition of the glass nor show it in your photos which is suspicious to me personally because for all anyone knows they could be extremely pitted and therefore useless (again making the new OEM option more cost effective). You also state the bumper is perfect but why does it look like there are 3 holes where a license plate was mounted? If those are in fact holes, then the bumper is not perfect.

I have shipped bumpers, hoods etc from Greyhound to CA and it doesn't cost $150.

I am not trying to be a jerk and apologize if I was coming off that way. I just felt the initital post was a little misleading and wanted to address this for any potential buyers. I was originaly considering buying it for myself until I figured out I could get everything new for pretty much the same price as you are asking when it's all said and done.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im just going to leave this here:

Original BMW parts and accessories, low prices, next day delivery. (Bmw dealer in New Jersey - all original, brand new bmw parts)

51 11 7 894 378 BUMPER COVER PRIMERED $410.12
51 11 2 496 285 GRID $44.36
51 11 2 494 193 BUMPER STRIP LEFT $16.39
51 11 2 494 194 BUMPER STRIP RIGHT $16.39
51 11 2 496 283 FOG FRAME LEFT $11.91
51 11 2 496 284 FOG FRAME RIGHT $11.91
63 17 2 228 613 FOGLAMP LEFT $90.39
63 17 2 228 614 FOGLAMP RIGHT $90.39

TOTAL $691.86

1 - 16 of 16 Posts