BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS the title states, I'm selling my OEM brakes removed from my 2006 M5 with 40k miles. I finally installed my Rotora 8/4 BBK this past weekend so I don't need these anymore.

The rotors and calipers are in excellent working condition and excellent cosmetic condition. The front brake pads have about 15k - 20k miles left. The rear brake pads are brand new, less than 2k miles. The OEM brake pads are super expensive (compared to non-M brake pads) so its best if you used them up completely. The rotors have only 40k miles on them, they should be good for another 40k - 50k. These rotors are hella expensive to replace as well at the dealer. For the price I'm selling the entire package you can only buy the a pair of rotors! The front and rear calipers are great, I took extreme care in removing them and boxing them up. There are no cuts, damage, dents or dings on the powdercoating whatsoever. As you can see from the pics, its just covered in brake dust but will easily wipe off clean with a damp rag to reveal the pristine black powdercoating. The car was never raced or tracked, it is my weekend toy and I treat it as such, complete pampered and never abused.

Send you best offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price drop to $1,500 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Jed, just to let you know...Turner motorsport was selling complete systems (new Take offs) for 1,000.00. U.S.D.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jed, just to let you know...Turner motorsport was selling complete systems (new Take offs) for 1,000.00. U.S.D.

That's one heck of a deal for those that bought them at TMS. I'm sure my selling price is not the cheapest around but its not outrageous. They sell now or later is ok by me. They're boxed up in a corner in my garage. I'm sure some non-M E60 owner will want them sooner or later. I've seen the brakes on the 525, 535, 545 and 550, they are dinky.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Easy, look right on this web site..Turner is a sponsor, call them, or write them... just note i heard this from a friend of one of their mechanics that used to work for them..

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Easy, look right on this web site..Turner is a sponsor, call them, or write them... just note i heard this from a friend of one of their mechanics that used to work for them..
Hey UFH, I actually do look at their website and havent seen the ad so hence me asking. I guess I will try writing them or call them. Too bad I dont have such good contacts but maybe you could give me a heads up next time fellar.hiha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey UFH, I actually do look at their website and havent seen the ad so hence me asking. I guess I will try writing them or call them. Too bad I dont have such good contacts but maybe you could give me a heads up next time fellar.hiha
Are these still available?, if so please PM me

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got a set of M5 brake calipers (front and rear) if your interested. You just need to get the rotors and pads to complete the kit.
I'm targeting the whole OEM M5 brake kit (rotors, calipers, pads) in good condition, a lot of M5 owners with BBK's have them lying around and being a 530i owner, they would work wonders for me, plus, is my understanding that the OEM M5 rotors have a high quality build, far better than most aftermarket rotors non-M e60's, and I guess they work pretty good stopping 507hp... so I guess my 228hp would be like stopping a crawling baby... thanks again.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are these still available?, if so please PM me

I sold this set a few months back, at my asking price too. Even installed it on the buyer's car (525i) for free. Yeap, the M5 brakes are overkill on the non-M E60, but aint that the beauty of modding? That 525i stops wicked fast now.

Good luck with your search.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts