BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has or has gotten their hand on The Complete Book of Bmw- every model since 1950

The Complete Book of BMW: Amazon.ca: Tony Lewin: Books

Im thinking about getting it but I wanted to check and see if anybody else here has looked at or bought it. The book isnt exactly cheap. I have already tried looking for it at my local bookstore but they didnt have it. It looks like a really cool book with tons of info.
Your comments are appreciated :) Thanks

Will

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have it. Its a pretty interesting read. I would consider it to be more of a coffee table book and not one to just sit down and read.

I like how in the description of every vehicle in there there are raves about each model and how they progressively improved. Awesome pictures within.

Reactions: "S62"

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got it off Amazon. IIRC it was 45 bucks. New, the book is over a hundred (really?)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
probably not much info in there you can't get online. If you're a BMW fanatic then I guess it's ok but that's a lot of money for this type of book IMHO. I personally don't care about BMW's history anymore as it's not terribly relevant considering how they've completely abandoned their heritage and are more concerned with profitability than making exciting cars nowadays.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You're right; the information contained within can be sourced online, but it was exciting for me to read about their history and limitations in engineering and building their models.

I have spotty knowledge of all the different production runs, but I like to read about my interests.

Re: the prices, meh, If i can blow 250 bucks in parts to change my thermostat, then i can afford a 45 dollar book. After all money does grow on trees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts