BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This whole week I have been pissed off at iND Distribution. First of all, on Wednesday, September 17 I ordered two products from iND (painted reflectors, and painted M5 badge). On Wednesday, September 24 I received the package from iND and saw that there was only One reflector for the left side. The right side was missing, so I contacted iND Distribution about this situation, so they are going to ship me the right side reflector. I get it everyone makes mistakes. I hope they ship it fast so I swap out the stock (orange) reflectors with the painted iND reflectors. Secondly, you probably knew from my previous thread I was impatiently waiting for iND to ship me my gloss black painted OEM M5 trunk badge. I received the package 3 days ago, and I found small chrome spots that weren't painted. Probably they didn't mask the emblem correctly before painting, I am really frustrated. This is not a way to correctly paint an emblem. I will attached pictures down below. It sucks that they are closed on weekends, but first thing Monday morning I am going to contact them and demand them to CORRECTLY mask and paint an another brand new emblem and do expedited shipping, I am tired of waiting over a week for a package that weighs less than one pound.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I still think these are overpriced as I painted my own gloss black years ago for much cheaper and they looked just as good and without the chrome showing through.

Reactions: 2Live4

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I still think these are overpriced as I painted my own gloss black years ago for much cheaper and they looked just as good and without the chrome showing through.
I didn't want to be the first one to say this, but most of the products from IND are way overpriced in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
It just had to be said ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I absolutely agree, that is why it is their responsibility to ship me another one painted correctly because that is what I originally paid for: Perfection. This is the first time and yes I have spend quit a lot of money for this badge.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't want to be the first one to say this, but most of the products from IND are way overpriced in my opinion.
Yes, overpriced and the said part was that they didn't do a 100% job. I paid for a 100% job and they did a 75% job. I heard many people say that iND is the best, but this isn't the best first impression I was looking while receiving these products for over a week and a half.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm confused here. In your first thread when you posted pics when first receiving those damaged areas weren't there?..

·
Registered
631 Posts
I never understand why people ***** here first before contacting the vendor. I understand they're not open on the weekend, but waiting a few days before trying to tear down a company online just seems brash. Every company is going to make mistakes, and the bad paint job is not excusable at all, but I'm willing to bet they'll take care of you 100% when you contact them.

I just don't see the point of making a thread to complain about a vendor before you give them a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I'm sure they'll make it right. Mine came out awesome and I didn't mind paying the premium for it since I was tired of all the cheapo badges and replacing them. Besides no one sold a true black gloss badge and I wanted to do a two tone color.

IND is an awesome vendor, but we aren't really their target market anymore its the new F8X M3/M4 and the new F1X M5/M6s.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I never understand why people ***** here first before contacting the vendor. I understand they're not open on the weekend, but waiting a few days before trying to tear down a company online just seems brash. Every company is going to make mistakes, and the bad paint job is not excusable at all, but I'm willing to bet they'll take care of you 100% when you contact them.

I just don't see the point of making a thread to complain about a vendor before you give them a chance to make it right.
Let's put it this way, the experience required to do this kind of job is not rocket science, if these areas of chrome were showing through after completion it should have pretty easy to spot before shipping it out.

As this is an open forum I see no issues with pointing things like this out before contacting them as it just shows the quality of the work they are doing. If they man up and look after him then fine but why hide the issues that exist.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Despite not being their target mkt anymore, its a badge. Same badge they put on the New M Vehicles. They should have gotten it right the first time.

I had a great experience with iND. I bought macht schnell spacers, painted reflectors, grills, and side vents along w/eibach springs. Out of the 3 vendors I received quotes from, they were low.

email or call iND on monday. they will make it right. Just keep your composure when discussing the flaws.

Forum vendors know their mkt. if you feel you are not getting a vendor's best price, get a price quote from another vendor.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ACG said it well, I payed $75 for a badge which is a lot of money, they should've done the job right the first time and double check their work to make sure their are no flaws before shipping it out. After two hours at looking at the emblem, I realized their were couple of chrome parts not painted gloss black.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm confused here. In your first thread when you posted pics when first receiving those damaged areas weren't there?..
The second I got it, I didn't realize it. After looking at it for couple hours I spotted couple chrome parts not painted. I'm sure they will do their best to satisfy me. I was persuaded with your thread about your badge from iND, that is why I decided to go with them because I love to pay for quality items and iND said they only use OEM parts and paint over it.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
ACG said it well, I payed $75 for a badge which is a lot of money, they should've done the job right the first time and double check their work to make sure their are no flaws before shipping it out. After two hours at looking at the emblem, I realized their were couple of chrome parts not painted gloss black.
You realize an OEM badge is like $40 right? So you are essentially paying like $35 for a paint job, which is somewhat reasonable if done right.

Granted, I'm not saying you don't deserve to get a proper product on the first try, I'm just pointing out that this "lot of money" for a badge isn't quite as much as you might think.

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah that is really obvious. :-/. Not sure why they would even waste the time shipping it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You realize an OEM badge is like $40 right? So you are essentially paying like $35 for a paint job, which is somewhat reasonable if done right.

Granted, I'm not saying you don't deserve to get a proper product on the first try, I'm just pointing out that this "lot of money" for a badge isn't quite as much as you might think.
Just as you said "which is somewhat reasonable if done right." If they checked the emblem before shipping it out, the problem would've already been resolved and plus I wouldn't have to pay a return postage to send the emblem back to them (which will at least take 3 days for them to receive and another week to paint and ship out to me). It is just becoming more of a hassle for a simple badge, which I have been waiting for a week and a half.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah that is really obvious. :-/. Not sure why they would even waste the time shipping it.
I don't know why they would brother. They should've checked it in the first place to verify the paint job and then ship it out, I completely agree with me man.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It looks to me that they just taped over the stripes and painted the emblem. If I had been doing this I would have taken the stripes off and then painted the emblem. You can get the stripes inlay, the way they did it paint bled on to the stripes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts