BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, are there any dealer in LA that sells their parts close to the prices listed in RealOEM?
I know Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA sells some low price items at twice the list price.
Monrovia BMW in Monrovia, CA is no difference.
McKenna BMW wants $14.35 for a $5 rear sway bar bracket.

OK....enough about the complain...
Now, anybody knows which dealer OR parts vendor that is reasonably priced?
I want to find some place local to LA and Orange County.

Thanks for allowing me to vent......

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well, can't help if you want local.

Buying on-line is almost always cheaper and RealOEM prices for me are usually "way" over top of the market!

Check out Tischer and Pelican, local won't work.

Seriously, are there any dealer in LA that sells their parts close to the prices listed in RealOEM?
I know Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA sells some low price items at twice the list price.
Monrovia BMW in Monrovia, CA is no difference.
McKenna BMW wants $14.35 for a $5 rear sway bar bracket.

OK....enough about the complain...
Now, anybody knows which dealer OR parts vendor that is reasonably priced?
I want to find some place local to LA and Orange County.

Thanks for allowing me to vent......

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
^+1 On Pelican and Tischer (getBMWparts.com)

Pelican shows what is in stock and ships quicker and probably cheaper than Tischer from my experience.

My local dealers are also rapist. Charging almost $6 for O-rings that Pelican sold for $1!

Also Google BMW parts and you should find a number of other online sources.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you must buy local try Patrick at BMA. I've always gotten great prices and service from him but I'm loathe to pay tax. I use Tischer (www.getbmwparts.com) or Blunttech (Blunttech.com – OE and Aftermarket Parts For Your New or Vintage BMW – (612) 298-5725: Welcome) almost exclusively with a bit of autohausAZ (Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips) thrown in for good measure since they have free freight and they're just over the border in AZ.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yep Pelican or Bimmerzone for my parts almost exclusively...gotta be patient when working on these things: Usually if you do your due diligence before setting out to do a job (making liberal use of this and other on-line resources) you can usually order and then have all parts in hand...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
^+1, 100% agree with Tortuga.

I leaned the hard way with my thermostat. Pelican Parts only recommended 4 of the 6 O-rings I needed. Also RealOEM diagrams did not really show all the thermostat O-rings on the thermostat page, 2 of the O-rings are grouped with the engine oil cooler.

So I was raped at the dealer for the 2 additional O-rings I needed. This is what happens when you get things apart and then closely look at what you have on hand.

So for the additional rapage, since it was Saturday and the dealer parts dept was open and had what I needed, I guess I was fine with the situation. I clearly still saved a bunch on the thermostat and seal, so I cannot complain too much.

But I have learned to do you research, order the correct parts, order additional small parts if needed and check what the supplier sent you.

Measure twice, cut once!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the recommendations guys.
I used Tischer for most of my big items, but I figured it won't be cost effective to ship a $5 parts.
But, looking at what local dealers charged, shipping it will probably makes more sense.

VacMan, I'll try BMA. They're in Glendale area right?

Thanks again guys...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations guys.
I used Tischer for most of my big items, but I figured it won't be cost effective to ship a $5 parts.
But, looking at what local dealers charged, shipping it will probably makes more sense.

VacMan, I'll try BMA. They're in Glendale area right?

Thanks again guys...
Yep. Call and ask for patrick and tell him you're a forum member. He's awesome and knows his stuff inside and out. They offer will-call so you should be able to pick stuff up quickly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BMW of Riverside always gives me good prices on parts, although I'm a BMWCCA member they have an awesome staff and seem to be really reasonable in the parts department. Kind of a drive for you though, but they should give you a deal, I get near wholesale price there so I don't bother with the internet for small stuff anymore

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tischer BMW is also my main source of parts. Great service and prices.
Pelican is a good parts house also. It pays to shop around. Plus, you have that lovely CA sales tax to contend with.

My local dealer wants $32 for a brake wear pad sensor that Tischer sells for $16. Go figure. And that is even a common wear-item part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts