BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i just joined yesterday! I am absolutely dying to get my e39 m5, but i really want some help buying the right one in the right condition. I tried searching through the forums for threads specifically about buying an e39 m5, but couldn't find any focused information. Would everyone mind posting all the threads and info they know of concerning buying and e39 m5 beast? I would really appreciate it because i can't wait to buy my car, as I'm sure everyone can imagine! Thank you so much!
p.s. If there is already a thread doing exactly what mine does, please just tell me what it is, and ill take down this thread! Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Without meaning to be flippant, I managed to pull up a load of stuff about general things to watch out for by just googling 'buying an e39 m5'.

I'm not sure if anyone has got everything in one place, it would be good, I downloaded a FANTASTIC document from the MLR forum when I was pondering a Lancer, development history of different models, technical information and ages and problem areas. It just depends if someone wants to sit down and spend the time.

Before buying mine, I went through lots and lots of threads (on here and from general googling) and picked up ideas of what people were having issues with, and built up some ideas from that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a rule against posting the listing for m5s i might buy? I would love to get feedback from members on certains cars because I am sure you can all see way more things in the listings than i can! Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I recommend creating a single thread called "Buying my M5" or something similar. Or just use this one. If you just work from one thread people can opt in/out but if you create a new thread every time it won't go down too well. If you have a question try your best to search and research as much as possible before posting. This forum is awesome so you came to the right place. Good luck with your quest.

Brendan

·
Registered
316 Posts
welcome to the board & good luck with your search. there is a lot of information on the site and it is HIGHLY recommended to become very familiar with the search function and to read through all of the stickies at the top of the forum. a good start is this one: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...34-e39-m5-frequently-asked-questions-faq.html

these cars have been around long enough that most questions you may have have in fact been answered multiple times :eek:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Is there a rule against posting the listing for m5s i might buy? I would love to get feedback from members on certains cars because I am sure you can all see way more things in the listings than i can! Thanks so much.
no rule against doing that but as Brendan mentioned try to keep it all in one thread instead of making a new thread for each listing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts