BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we all know our cars arent the easiest to work on, and playing the guessing game when it comes to diagnosing/repairs can cost you an arm and a leg. With that being said what shops and/or mechanics do you guys recommend in the midwest( closer to chicago would be best but anywhere in the midwest will do)? Im looking for shops that have experience with ///M and high end vehicle's, not just a shop that works on BMW's. What shops do you all use when your babies are in need of mechanical attention?!

Also, is it normal behavior for shops to refuse installing customer provided parts regardless if they are used or not?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I take mine to a shop in Green Bay if the work is beyond what I can do, but that is probably quite a hike for you. This particular shop will install your parts after they inspect them. Usually you will need to sign a waiver as they cannot guarantee functionality or quality, however this is very rare. Most shops do not want to deal with the possible liability or problems that may arise from parts that they did not supply.

Message bmwMcrzy, he is pretty familiar with the chicago area, otherwise chuffycow has some experience as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks REKIII, info is greatly appreciated. Green Bay is some what of a hike for me, but hopefully bmwMcrzy and chuffycow will have some good shops for me as stated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you're in Chicagoland you need to contact Fluid Motor Union. They have tons of experience with the E39 M5 and higher end exotics.

Fluid MotorUnion

They also do custom fab. They have a M5 rear section that they sell and they do full custom exhaust which is on my list of things to get done. Really high quality stuff.

Check it out...

Luxury European Service & Performance | Fluid MotorUnion | BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lamborghini, Maserati | 11965 S. Aero Dr. Plainfield, IL Serving the greater Chicago and Naperville area! » Pump Up The Noise

Luxury European Service & Performance | Fluid MotorUnion | BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lamborghini, Maserati | 11965 S. Aero Dr. Plainfield, IL Serving the greater Chicago and Naperville area! » Tubular

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks AWDE30. Definitely going to check them out, I have heard mixed reviews but might as well give them a shot. Just for reference I own an E60 not an E39, regardless I saw some of their blogs pertaining to the E60 so hopefully they can be of some assistance. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts