BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend told me that he read about a company based in the US that works on the head of our engine including port and polish. Hes trying to find the magazine where he read the article. But meantime, did anyone hear about this ? cherrsagai

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seems to me that most people on this board are under the impression that these heads are at their peak. I personally think that there's almost always room for improvement. I don't know of anybody that does the head work, but I'm sure any competent head (not that kind) shop could do it.

E

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I would really love to believe that there is some room for improvement in our motors.
Good head work and upgraded cam profiles could yield very nice hp gains.

Bottomline are the M5/M6 heads max'ed out or not?

I am going to pursue this topic.

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
69 Posts
give bbi autosport a call, they have a new crate v10 for an older bmw project they are getting really into it, ask for anyone (matt, joey, betim, jarred) tell them aaron guardado send u over they are great and do awsome work!

www.bbiautosport.com

·
Registered
682 Posts
Unless someone has proven they can make gains I would be cautious. It is easy to open the ports up and smooth things over but it can easily take away power if you go too big or dont take all the other components into consideration.

You should go for it, no doubt. Just dont let some yahoo with a dremel start hacking away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts