BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few mods that i have seen done that i dont quite understand what they do:

IATS relocation - what does this solve?

Tranny mounts - understand what they do, but is this a track use mod only? or will it extend the life of the notoriously weak clutch?

TY - KMac

·
10,456 Posts
trans mounts are probably unnecessary. I had them, took them back out. Only thing i noticed was more noise and vibration in the cabin, no difference in shift quality or effort. They do nothing to help the clutch.

the factory iats is in the drivers side (US) mafs, so when the mafs gets hot, during heat soak conditions, the iats will show an elevated reading, causing inconsistant performance. Dinan and UF motorsports have a kit to relocate it to get a more 'true' intake air temp reading, so performance can be more consistant in warm weather.
Honestly, i didnt notice much difference when i did mine.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok - that would mean the tranny mounts are a no, i would only do it if necessary for clutch life.

IATS makes some sense, just need to decide if i will put the car in conditions where it would make a difference.

Thank you.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
The only thing that really helps the clutch is proper use ... make sure your left foot is OFF the pedal before you hammer the loud pedal ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts