BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I haven't posted much, but I am here every day. Great group of people, and good advice.

I picked up my 2006, two years ago this month. It was already out of warranty, and I knew about some issues to look out for, so I jumped at the deal to drive the car I have admired since it came out. It came with all records, and the clutch and throw-out bearings had just been replaced, so I had some hope that the car was looked after.

In the two years, I have replaced:
Both throttle actuators
Washer fluid pump
Vanos pump and lines
and now, rod bearings

On top of the upgrades, this has not been a cheap car to own. And, this has all been out of pocket. However this is the first car I have ever owned, that when things went bad, I never considered selling. There was never a hesitation to fix (rather than replace) the best car I have ever had.

This is the only place I know people understand the love and pain that comes with driving this car. Thank you all for being here.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi all,

I haven't posted much, but I am here every day. Great group of people, and good advice.

I picked up my 2006, two years ago this month. It was already out of warranty, and I knew about some issues to look out for, so I jumped at the deal to drive the car I have admired since it came out. It came with all records, and the clutch and throw-out bearings had just been replaced, so I had some hope that the car was looked after.

In the two years, I have replaced:
Both throttle actuators
Washer fluid pump
Vanos pump and lines
and now, rod bearings

On top of the upgrades, this has not been a cheap car to own. And, this has all been out of pocket. However this is the first car I have ever owned, that when things went bad, I never considered selling. There was never a hesitation to fix (rather than replace) the best car I have ever had.

This is the only place I know people understand the love and pain that comes with driving this car. Thank you all for being here.
BMW = Break My Wallet

Whereabouts in the Bay Area are you? If you're free, swing by Performance Technic's 5 Year Anniversary & Open House event this Sunday. Quite a few of us will be there.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-west-forum/403514-norcal-performance-technic-5-year-anniversary-open-house-10-12-14-a.html

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
BMW = Break My Wallet

Whereabouts in the Bay Area are you? If you're free, swing by Performance Technic's 5 Year Anniversary & Open House event this Sunday. Quite a few of us will be there.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-west-forum/403514-norcal-performance-technic-5-year-anniversary-open-house-10-12-14-a.html
Oh nice....not that he hasn't spent enough money already, let's invite him to a perfomance shop with a bunch of us around to give him more ideas on how to spend even more :hihi:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Oh nice....not that he hasn't spent enough money already, let's invite him to a perfomance shop with a bunch of us around to give him more ideas on how to spend even more :hihi:
It's a MA (Modders Anonymous, but not really anonymous lol) meeting. Test our will power with lots of enablers around.

Reactions: AGM5 and Kazakh015

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the invite, but I will not have a car over the weekend. While the #10 rod bearing looked fine. Pulled #1 this morning, and it fell into pieces. Attaching pic of cam. Bit the bullet, and am going with the Dinan 5.8L stroker. I'm in Mountain View, and will have the car back in a couple of weeks. Also adding the Dinan Air boxes, throttle bodies and 3.91 differential while they have it. Should be a a kick in the *** when I get it back.

IMG_0834.JPG

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks for the invite, but I will not have a car over the weekend. While the #10 rod bearing looked fine. Pulled #1 this morning, and it fell into pieces. Attaching pic of cam. Bit the bullet, and am going with the Dinan 5.8L stroker. I'm in Mountain View, and will have the car back in a couple of weeks. Also adding the Dinan Air boxes, throttle bodies and 3.91 differential while they have it. Should be a a kick in the *** when I get it back.

View attachment 479753
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Certainly your beast will be stronger than ever once you get it back.

I just sent you a PM...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

View attachment 479753
How many miles on your car?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you're shelling that much money that you're thinking of Dinan's Stroker, I would either get a custom-built one or get RDSport's. A lot better components and cheaper.

T

·
0 Posts
I have a customer who wants to sell his dinan stroker and upgrade to one from us. If interested, let me know. I believe he wants somewhere around $16,000 for it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have a customer who wants to sell his dinan stroker and upgrade to one from us. If interested, let me know. I believe he wants somewhere around $16,000 for it.
My offer is $1k. PayPal ready. LOL

What're the details?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Personally, I think Dinan is overpriced by a huge margin.

Just my .02 cents, but I'd much rather upgrade to a 6.0L stroker motor from Troy for much less than what Dinan will charge....

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Personally, I think Dinan is overpriced by a huge margin.

Just my .02 cents, but I'd much rather upgrade to a 6.0L stroker motor from Troy for much less than what Dinan will charge....
Troys 6.0L is cheaper but without a single one being driven on the road yet I would give it time before people start jumping to conclusions......no pressure Troy hiha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts