BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just looked and noticed how many "guests" are cruising the site. Come on guys, register and show your support for this valuable site. And who knows you might just get the coveted M5 decoder ring.....

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Correct, alot online. However alot of these guests (when there is sudden jumpsand they are not on a particular thread) it can be search engine spiders. Currently we have visitors from MSN Search :)

However we are having alot of traffic also, this is I beleive due to the soon to be launched M5 E60 in the USA. Production status 112 have been initiated for the USA orders, so deliveries are expected late September / early October. Can you beleive it :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I know that I was a guest for a LONG time before registering. Figured that I didn't "deserve" to comment as I still don't own my M5 yet. I forget which post finally caused me to register, but I guess many guests may not feel comfortable if they are just "researching".

I may not get a decoder ring, but with one more post (?), I think I get my "Sport" turned on!! :15:

Now I just need the Beast!! (Like many of you that bought second hand, I am being picky and not just taking the first one that comes along.)
Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way....

We KNOW you have the secret Moderator Decoder Ring :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I registered quite a while ago, but never logged in and only started posting quite recently (so yes, I'm logged in now). Been researching for months and months before finally buying a beast, and now that I have some firsthand experience I finally feel I have something to add to conversations :) Probably a lot more visitors like me out there...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
LOL

sound just like me..

I was browsing this board regularly for probably good 12 months before I sign up..

then few months after I registered I finally own the Beast...:D :D :D

But I'd like to say it again, this is a great site indeed, without the knowledge and exp of you guys posted, I would probably never taken the plunge on buying the Beast...:1:

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya but it does ad a "Value" to the board to have a good number of registerd users.

And heck, its free :)

PS: I still think we need a decoder ring for all engine codes :flag:

Keep it real guys!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Feel Welcome to Join the M5 Board!

You don´t have to own an M5, M6, Z8 or M3 to be appreciated here. Several of the Members in highest esteem drive other cars, yet contribute excellent posts.

What matters is the genuine interest in these cars.

Be upfront about your cars in your signature, and nobody will think anything but good of you.

You don´t have to post if you don´t want to, but signing up as a member is a good way of saying "Thank You" to Gustav and the people who assist him running this site.

Best Regs,

David

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Well said David.

Come on everyone and sign up - it doesn't hurt or cost anything and you don't get junk emails either :byebye:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very true,

I signed up not to long ago. I was searching for a solution to my ipod problem. I found only half the answer on the site(thats how I found the site in the first place). So after having found my solution else where I decided to register and post my newly and hard found solution to try and help out others that may abandond to soon.(I'm stubbon and don't give up easy).

Thats how I think these forums should work. You get something from but you also have to bring something to it. Makes it fun to to talk with people across the world.

Friends of mine find it excellent that part of my solution came from a guy in San fransico and an other in L.A.

So do register, the more the merrier.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Re: Feel Welcome to Join the M5 Board!

DavidS said:
You don´t have to own an M5, M6, Z8 or M3 to be appreciated here. Several of the Members in highest esteem drive other cars, yet contribute excellent posts.
And there are people like me, who love M5's but dont own one, and I banter on like crazy, so if I can fit in, the guests can too! I dont have high esteem here I guess, but I have a high post count, so I guess that is worth something... :haha: In this boat, the more posters the better, so dont lurk, sign up and say something!
:cheers:

·
Registered
315 Posts

BmwNut said:
And there are people like me, who love M5's but dont own one, and I banter on like crazy, so if I can fit in, the guests can too! I dont have high esteem here I guess, but I have a high post count, so I guess that is worth something... :haha: In this boat, the more posters the better, so dont lurk, sign up and say something!
It's not the car that makes the person. :wroom:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts

BmwNut said:
....I dont have high esteem here I guess...
A contrary, you do!

David

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

Bren, everyone ignores you... but everyone is too kind to point it out!

I think a big jump in the lurking is the E60 M5. Not only are people interested in it, but E39 owners are starting to offload their cars to get ready for the E60. So I am sure that people are doing research on both generations.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
That does sound pretty reasonable Dan, as with prospective owners researching there would be a lot of guests around. As long as they register and say hello when they get their cars then all is well.
Being ignored it ok, I'll just start writing in all CAPS then...hiha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just registered from Prince Edward Island, Canada last week now that I purchased an '02 in Vancouver. Will be flying out to see it on the 7th Sept. and make arrangements to transport it back by rail, distance of 3,850 miles.
Just built a garage for it.

Carbon black, with black/silverstone interior, dark titanium trim. 20,000km (12,428 miles) for C$65,000 (US$52-53,000)
Body was lowered as a dealer option.(not sure what that means yet, Dinan?)
I've been busy reading the Board's last 2-3 years posts and archives. lol.
I
:byee55amg

1 - 20 of 41 Posts