BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Company Representative for CIC retrofits, 2010 MY
134 Posts
I have been receiving a lot of emails and PMs about the Combox retrofit for the 5-series vehicles with the CIC.
The CIC is a great upgrade and worth the money for sure, but once you get it you can think of adding even more features ;)

The Combox retrofit (and the CIC software update) will add the following features to your CIC:
- Office Menu - text messages, calendar, tasks, contact, reminders, etc. synced with your mobile phone over Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Audio
- Album Art Cover
- 6FL option - USB port in your armrest if you do not have it now
- Map SAT View
- Internet Access - through the GPRS/3G mobile phone connection
- and more

The list of compatible smartphones: www.bmw.com/bluetooth

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have a 2010MY M5 - the last build slot/date for the E60. Do I need all these components? If I am seeing this correctly - I have all of the components, I just need an additional component: The COMBOX.. right?

I'm trying to get an idea on whats involved, what I need to purchase / replace. If I need to remove this to get software updates? How much it will cost in the end?

Thanks in advance.

- avlnch

Reactions: pittyinSC

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2010MY M5 - the last build slot/date for the E60. Do I need all these components? If I am seeing this correctly - I have all of the components, I just need an additional component: The COMBOX.. right?

I'm trying to get an idea on whats involved, what I need to purchase / replace. If I need to remove this to get software updates? How much it will cost in the end?

Thanks in advance.

- avlnch
The Combox was never installed in the E60 so this retrofit requires not only Combox parts but also special coding.
Also the CIC software has to be updated to the latest version prior to installing the CIC.

I can offer a complete solution for any E60 with the CIC to retrofit the Combox,

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Combox was never installed in the E60 so this retrofit requires not only Combox parts but also special coding.
Also the CIC software has to be updated to the latest version prior to installing the CIC.

I can offer a complete solution for any E60 with the CIC to retrofit the Combox,

Hi Patryk
I'm in Sydney Australia and I'm very interested in your retrofit CIC/Combox option. I currently have the CCC in my 06 M5 and it looks like it's on the way out (blank screen, no sound etc). There also may be a few others down here who are interested as well. I'll email you details and hope you can help.
Cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts

I too have a 2010 and am very interested. Can you also add other features like cameras? If you would rather not list pricing in this post, please feel free to send me a PM.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the PMs and emails.

If you are interested in one of our retrofits please send us your VIN at [email protected] and I will get back to you with more info! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, I have the CIC system in my Dec '08 build E61 and would also love information on this retrofit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts