BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call today from dealer - would appreciate some help.....

When I bought my E39, Carbon/Caramel genuinely appealed to me - I'm not really sold on any E60 color combo.

I am leaning toweard Black Sapphire and considering Indianapolis red interior, but I would really like to see it in person. I don't want an interior that's too flashy, I would choose tan ( or Caramel ! ) if I could, and I can't quite figure out what the Sepang interior looks like. Safe alternative would be black, but I would rather not get that....

Thoughts, pictures etc ???

Many Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've ordered just that combination. From what glimpses I've seen of the indi red interior, it's a somewhat subdued red, not unlike the exterior car color, but like you, I'm a bit nervous having ordered an interior color without having seen it in person or on a leather swatch. My bravery mostly derives from the other color choices...black is out, the tan is not very attractive, the lighter colors are going to require more care than I like, so I'm left with the red.

I would have prefered both a different exterior and interior, but it's not in the cards for the US.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I hear ya. I am ordering my car from Germany directly, but still couldn't talk them into the BMW Individual colors...

So, stuck with similar to what I have now on my e39 - Sterling Grey/Black

Jessem said:
I've ordered just that combination. From what glimpses I've seen of the indi red interior, it's a somewhat subdued red, not unlike the exterior car color, but like you, I'm a bit nervous having ordered an interior color without having seen it in person or on a leather swatch. My bravery mostly derives from the other color choices...black is out, the tan is not very attractive, the lighter colors are going to require more care than I like, so I'm left with the red.

I would have prefered both a different exterior and interior, but it's not in the cards for the US.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NYC,
have you seen the pictures of portland brown? It doesn't seem to be as deep as caramel, but it certainly seems to stand out vs. some of the other choices. Looks very classy to me. Check the site for pictures. And I'm not just talking the talk, I placed my black / portland brown order on Friday.

Dave

·
Registered
474 Posts
So you are getting it . :1: Try to get the onyx blue.
rakesh

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RM5 said:
So you are getting it . :1: Try to get the onyx blue.
rakesh
Good idea, but I don't think anything beyond the standard colors are possible right now in the US.

I'm still thinking over the purchase - I'm sure the car is phenomenal, but I haven't come to terms with the decision being more around which color combo I dislike least versus which one I like most.

I will need to decide very soon I'm sure; meanwhile, the old E39 is running just fine.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts