BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time is running out on changing the preferences for my M5. I have chosen the Carbon Black/LeMans all leather Sportive, and was wondering if anyone could address my concerns.
1)The lemans interior blue "clashes" with the blueish tint of carbon black.
2)The aluminium trim really does look cheap. I don't know who to believe, some love it some think it belongs in a Ford Focus. What's the deal? I don't mind boy-racer looks, as long as it looks nice.
3)After a few years, the aluminum has all sorts of scratches and nicks from being plastic coated poorly.

The solutions i have are to get lemans blue exterior (to match interior) and wood interior for a long lasting and quality look. But I am hesitant since darker colors look so damn menacing, and wood isn't sporty enough.

------------------
-Shawn

·
Registered
405 Posts
Please see [email protected]'s message discussing wood vs. metal trim. Wouldn't the black/silver sport seats go better than the blue? I still prefer the all black leather and dark wood trim - I saw a carbon black with this package and it looked great - then you don't have to worry about and clashing! Good Luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The silverstone interior looks good, but the leather looks a little too light...have you seen a car with white leather seats after a couple years??

------------------
-Shawn

·
Registered
56 Posts
The silverstone interior is not light as some pictures posted on the web may suggest, but rather a 50% grey. I think the color distortion is due to the camera flash. I don't think longevity is an issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think the silverstone sport seats with the alum trim looks great (that's my interior). would go very well with carbon black. the seats do show a little dirt, but nothing 10 min with the leather cleaner cant take care of. to me, the alum trim matches the personality of the m5 better than wood. maybe wood on an e55?

as far as the trim looking cheap - i had the same concern about scratches, peeling shift knobs, etc., but after 3000 miles, looks as new and good quality.

i got the extended leather, maybe go for the full leather (this treatment would cost you an extra $5000-10000 on a porsche + half that on m5s in europe, us=free)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts