BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my deal. Yesterday the dealer e-mailed me that there was no update on my vehicle, still sitting in status 112. Early last week I had called him to change my ext/int color combo and he said it was too late.

So after his e-mail yesterday, I called and asked if he might possibly try to make a change since it still shows 112 status. He said he could put in the request but wouldn't know for a couple of days if the computer might kick it back out as too late.

Next thing I know is that I get a fax from him that shows order modification request, and that it has been accepted by AG.

I call the 800 number minutes later and they tell me the new color of my car.

I guess I am still wondering if the master production computer might be ahead of what BMW NA and my dealer show, or if this does in fact mean I got the change in.

For the record, I am switching from Black Sapp/Portland/Alum, to Silverstone/Indy Red/Alum. (Complete 180 in combos, LOL)

I am hoping the change is official since the 800 number says it's so.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If your order modification request was accepted by BMW AG, it was completed. Otherwise, the order modification would have been rejected.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET!!! Anyone else have the Silverstone with Indy red/Alum combo? I was torn between Silverstone II and Silver Grey, but like the blue hue.

Thanks!

Digi said:
If your order modification request was accepted by BMW AG, it was completed. Otherwise, the order modification would have been rejected.

·
Registered
147 Posts
my silver grey/indianapolis red aluminium is on the water right now..... :cool: :wroom:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Zonacat said:
Okay, here's my deal. Yesterday the dealer e-mailed me that there was no update on my vehicle, still sitting in status 112. Early last week I had called him to change my ext/int color combo and he said it was too late.

So after his e-mail yesterday, I called and asked if he might possibly try to make a change since it still shows 112 status. He said he could put in the request but wouldn't know for a couple of days if the computer might kick it back out as too late.

Next thing I know is that I get a fax from him that shows order modification request, and that it has been accepted by AG.

I call the 800 number minutes later and they tell me the new color of my car.

I guess I am still wondering if the master production computer might be ahead of what BMW NA and my dealer show, or if this does in fact mean I got the change in.

For the record, I am switching from Black Sapp/Portland/Alum, to Silverstone/Indy Red/Alum. (Complete 180 in combos, LOL)

I am hoping the change is official since the 800 number says it's so.

Anyone have any experience with this?
I am undecided on colors and thought of both your color schemes.What made you change your mind? CRG

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted something a little more sporty. The black and tan, while I like that combo a lot, just wasn't working for me. Seemed a little too classy. Felt like I would feel bad on a weekend if I was wearing sandals and a baseball cap and got out of the black car. LOL. Also, for some reason the Silverstone also looks a little more understated, which is the type of person I am. While the indy red interior seems to have a classic super-car feel.

NOTE: Just got off phone with dealer, he said he is 90% sure the change took effect, but still thinks there is a possibility that the computer might kick it back out next week and I will have to stick with my original color choice.

Any other feedback on this. Am hoping my dealer is wrong and that the change is locked in stone. Help.

Thanks!

Crg said:
I am undecided on colors and thought of both your color schemes.What made you change your mind? CRG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts