1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
another waste of good parts.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
At least they are being used and not scrapped, worse to see it crushed or destroyed because no body bought it than put on another BMW (even if it isn't Alpina)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Only a fool would scrap the Alpina parts.....these can be sold all day long to Alpina Owners like myself that need them and will even buy them to shelf them to sell to other Alpina owners. Putting Alpina Parts on non Alpina Cars is a waste of value....ie..(I am not talking about wheels and steering wheels and shift knobs) Also, taking a Alpina Car and making into something else is a waste of Car! These kind of owners find little luv here on this board:Thumbdown:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Only a fool would scrap the Alpina parts.....these can be sold all day long to Alpina Owners like myself that need them and will even buy them to shelf them to sell to other Alpina owners. Putting Alpina Parts on non Alpina Cars is a waste of value....ie..(I am not talking about wheels and steering wheels and shift knobs) Also, taking a Alpina Car and making into something else is a waste of Car! These kind of owners find little luv here on this board:Thumbdown:
Sometimes fools own the scrapping yards that our loved cars get sent to when they are in wrecks and insurance ends up dealing with the mess. Do you seriously think everyone in the world who owns a scrap yard knows how valuable Alpina items are to other owners? Especially older models? Yes they should take a look before they scrap but in some of those guys minds, time is money and the more time they spend looking for buyers of plastic bits, the less time they have used ripping metal to shards getting paid for that.

Taking an Alpina and modifying is not a waste, maybe in your eyes but not in mine and not in others. It is personal taste and personal choice, which is why there is an aftermarket world to begin with. If the BMW owners didn't want exclusivity, they wouldn't want Alpina or any aftermarket, and these brands would never have existed to this day if it wasn't for them wanting something different, the same way that E30 owner wants to make his E30 different than others. They find no love from owners like you on this board, I would definitely support modifying an Alpina :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sometimes fools own the scrapping yards that our loved cars get sent to when they are in wrecks and insurance ends up dealing with the mess. Do you seriously think everyone in the world who owns a scrap yard knows how valuable Alpina items are to other owners? Especially older models? Yes they should take a look before they scrap but in some of those guys minds, time is money and the more time they spend looking for buyers of plastic bits, the less time they have used ripping metal to shards getting paid for that.

Taking an Alpina and modifying is not a waste, maybe in your eyes but not in mine and not in others. It is personal taste and personal choice, which is why there is an aftermarket world to begin with. If the BMW owners didn't want exclusivity, they wouldn't want Alpina or any aftermarket, and these brands would never have existed to this day if it wasn't for them wanting something different, the same way that E30 owner wants to make his E30 different than others. They find no love from owners like you on this board, I would definitely support modifying an Alpina :thumbsup:
Do you own a Alpina?
Alpina owners know what Alpina parts are in their cars of value and they do not scrap them w/o removing the parts that are salvageable. The car would either have to be a total or a rusted beyond repair car. The value of the Alpina Brand and in each of our personal cars is in keeping the car as close to original, not modifying it with track trickery or dropping a bigger, stroker Bmw motor in it....yes it is a personal taste and I find it quite distasteful to take a Alpina E9, Alpina E30, Alpina e36, Alpina E28, Alpina E39 (guys sorry if I missed any other ones)and butchering these up. Feel free to buy a Alpina that needs work and restoration for 10 - +100k and modify it..it is your choice. If you want to buy my original, restored 1985 B7 Turbo for 40k dollars and devalue it...go right ahead. A foolish move on your part. Spend -2k on a 1988 535i and spend 10-20k modifying it to your personal taste...a smarter idea, huh?
This board is for enthusiast Alpina owners. Not hackers that would take a car like a Alpina and devalue it! They will get little luv here. We spend a lot of time and money to keep our cars in the condition we can afford. Maybe you need to spend some time and read some of the threads here - very very little on hacking up a Alpina...
Your point on Aftermarket......is correct and we can agree on this, Yes Alpina wanted to take a BMW and make it different and better.....But Alpina is not aftermarket today...Alpina is a brand. But your point on e30 users wanting to make his e30 different....there are a million other options to making a plain jane e30 different w/o wasting valueable Alpina parts on it(I hope the owner of those parts trys to sell them now that he seems to have cancelled his project, I know some Alpina owners that would like those parts), but again it is a personal choice like it or not.

Your quote "Taking an Alpina and modifying is not a waste, maybe in your eyes but not in mine and not in others" sorry to rain on your parade, it is a waste because all you do is hurt the value of the car, and that value is based on the originality of the vehicle. But more importantly, taking any real Alpina Car and butchering it up is just plain distasteful and devalueing in my eyes and many others here. I am not talking about year >2000 era Alpina cars and a software update to a ECU here.
The aftermarket today is for people that want to take a plain jane e30 and make it into a rice rocket or slammed street ride or track car. I have no problem with this and you are free to do this all day long, have at it, I have been there done that! But it bothers me when someone buys a real E30 Alpina with a working Alpina motor and butchers it up with a larger stroked motor that was handmade in his shop and that is a waste of a Alpina made car. The cars value as a Alpina just plunged and in my eyes it is another Alpina that has been lost. Same thing could have been done to a regular E30 and cars value would remain constant.

And finally your quote, "E30 owner wants to make his E30 different than others. They find no love from owners like you on this board" Sorry dude, your G Damned right... they will never feel any luv from me if they either take vital Alpina parts and add them to a non Alpina car or butcher a Real Alpina....this is a passion I have and I dare say many here also agree with.

I hope this explains it clear and concise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, don't even have a response for your narrow minded bullshit you seem to spew. The board is for BMW enthusiasts in a general fashion, not stuck up B7 owners who think their purist car is the model that all Alpina and BMW owners should follow. If you wish to keep your car 100% stock and follow the Alpina heritage that is fine, but don't try and push your bullshit on to other owners and enthusiasts.

I would love to think everyone in the world knows what an Alpina is as well but face it, that isn't the truth. Vehicles get parted out, scrapped, modified and parts are sold to other BMW enthusiasts who sometimes do a better job at keeping the history alive and encouraging future Alpina purchases, unlike "enthusiasts" like you who push new comers away. Not going to waste anymore time with your **** that's for sure.

Keep on moddin'

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow, don't even have a response for your narrow minded bullshit you seem to spew. The board is for BMW enthusiasts in a general fashion, not stuck up B7 owners who think their purist car is the model that all Alpina and BMW owners should follow. If you wish to keep your car 100% stock and follow the Alpina heritage that is fine, but don't try and push your bullshit on to other owners and enthusiasts.

I would love to think everyone in the world knows what an Alpina is as well but face it, that isn't the truth. Vehicles get parted out, scrapped, modified and parts are sold to other BMW enthusiasts who sometimes do a better job at keeping the history alive and encouraging future Alpina purchases, unlike "enthusiasts" like you who push new comers away. Not going to waste anymore time with your **** that's for sure.

Keep on moddin'
hmm I thought this was a Alpina Board.....plenty of other Bimmer hacker forums out there for you to spend time at. I am slightly confused where you interpret that I am a "stuck up B7 Owner that thinks the B7 turbo is the model all alpina and BMW owners should follow" but never the less....do what you got to do. BTW I have a modded 88 M5 and a OEM Stock 88 M5, so your point is pretty worthless.

WTF is this?
"other BMW enthusiasts who sometimes do a better job at keeping the history alive and encouraging future Alpina purchases, unlike "enthusiasts" like you who push new comers away...."
Sorry man I never meant to push anyone away.......when you get your panties unwadded lets kiss and make up.
Mod what ever you want.......I luv alpina Cloners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts