BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Silverstone II full leather and the one thing that I thought I was sure about was that it also included a leather covered coin tray. (I can't help the feeling that that factory might have made a mistake - I'm sure my MY06 M5, also with full leather, had a leather coin tray).

The dealership cannot find a part number on the BMW parts system and so therefore stumped.

Would anyone with an MY08 Silverstone II full leather be able to confirm whether or not yours has a leather covered coin tray?

I have included a couple of pics of the coin tray that my car has, including pics of how to get the part number off the back without having to dismantle the dash (if you're brave enough). It's just a matter of removing the top two screws and loosening the bottom two. Then pull forward and read the numbers on the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Didn't even know we had a coin tray. I just used the ashtray which is moved on the 2008's. Off to the garage to check now. Back in five...

I have Silverstone II full leather and the one thing that I thought I was sure about was that it also included a leather covered coin tray. (I can't help the feeling that that factory might have made a mistake - I'm sure my MY06 M5, also with full leather, had a leather coin tray).

The dealership cannot find a part number on the BMW parts system and so therefore stumped.

Would anyone with an MY08 Silverstone II full leather be able to confirm whether or not yours has a leather covered coin tray?

I have included a couple of pics of the coin tray that my car has, including pics of how to get the part number off the back without having to dismantle the dash (if you're brave enough). It's just a matter of removing the top two screws and loosening the bottom two. Then pull forward and read the numbers on the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
994 Posts
No coin tray. Maybe it's an 08 thing, maybe it's a LHD thing. Either way, should be covered by leather like the cup holders if you have full leather

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Many thanks for checking.

Yup - my cup holders are covered in leather.

Could also be only a UK thing? Anyone from the UK?

No coin tray. Maybe it's an 08 thing, maybe it's a LHD thing. Either way, should be covered by leather like the cup holders if you have full leather

·
Registered
994 Posts
Many thanks for checking.

Yup - my cup holders are covered in leather.

Could also be only a UK thing? Anyone from the UK?
No probs, was actually disappointed I don't have that padded cubby. Would stop coins rolling around as I can hear them on occasion during "spirited" driving.

You said you had a MY 06 M5. Is this the same one or are you on your second V10 M?

IB/silverstone is a great combination. Was my second choice behind black/black which I went with as it suits my temper when watching my hometown team Middlesbrough get dumped out the FA Cup when it was easier to win the darn thing. Been over here years now but always tune into the EPL whenever the Boro are on. Small things like the stitched leather on the dash help cheer me up as does the WOT 2-3 shift until I have to slow down again:cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said you had a MY 06 M5. Is this the same one or are you on your second V10 M?
This is my second one :)

Oh, and I quote a mate of mine "once a football nutter always a football nutter". :haha: I might be moving to Dubai soon and I'd imagine getting coverage there is going to be worse than the US :dunno: Might have to find a way to take the M5 along with me for the 2 year stint - join our M5board friends out there for a few crazy runs in the desert to ease the pain.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Coin tray is a Europe or possibly ROW (rest of world) thing. US car doesn't get it. Really stupid...I wish we had one. In fact, I wish the US model would DELETE the stupid "smoker package" and have a tray without the cigarette lighter. At least that would be more usable for most people I know with M5s, myself included.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Coin tray is a Europe or possibly ROW (rest of world) thing. US car doesn't get it. Really stupid...I wish we had one. In fact, I wish the US model would DELETE the stupid "smoker package" and have a tray without the cigarette lighter. At least that would be more usable for most people I know with M5s, myself included.
I plug my phone charger into the lighter, and the ashtray functions as my coin holder. Could be designed a bit better, but it's definitely useful to me.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
It's def. ROW option,.i guess BMW figures we throw our loose change away. :hihi: I put coins in the arm rest tray. Works great till you get a hundred bucks worth of pennies in there. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts