BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching for a suspension upgrade, I came across this company, Megan Racing. Pricing seems crazy low at $999 for all four coilovers.
Anyone know anything about them or used these on their M5? I'm not affiliated with them in any way. The company is newer, formed in 2001 according to the web site.

Here is the link.

All inputs are appreciated. Without any experience from trusted M5 owners, I probably won't take the chance.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
stay away, stay far away! these are made in china/taiwan crap even the kids driving ricer cars try to stay away from.

·
Registered
258 Posts
there is a brand BC Racing, some of the guys over at the e39 and e46 side have been using these for some time now. i know a place that can get you a killer deal on them.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
While searching for a suspension upgrade, I came across this company, Megan Racing. Pricing seems crazy low at $999 for all four coilovers.
Anyone know anything about them or used these on their M5? I'm not affiliated with them in any way. The company is newer, formed in 2001 according to the web site.

Here is the link.

All inputs are appreciated. Without any experience from trusted M5 owners, I probably won't take the chance.
Megan racing has been around for a while in the Japanese car scene. I would not recommend them on an M5. Stick to brands that have stood the test of time through member usage, Bistein, KW, to name a few. I'm not sure if BC Racing has an application for the E60, but as already mentioned, the E39 M5 guys have had great experience with them. I personally run Bilstein PSS9, and would recommend them. They are not $999, however, if purchased, you can expect that you are riding on a quality part.

·
Company Representative for ADV.1 Wheels
540 Posts
They won't fall apart on you or anything but the ride quality suffers as they just don't have the valving and dampening of a higher quality system, not to mention less adjustability, means the ride is typically far worse than a KW, etc.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
there is a brand BC Racing, some of the guys over at the e39 and e46 side have been using these for some time now. i know a place that can get you a killer deal on them.
they are from the same factory that makes ksport, megan, ff2 and so on..........all pile of ****.

u are better leaving your m5 stock if u are buying taiwan/china made ****.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So are most of the wheels now a days. I'm sure most of the people have no clue where their parts are made. And chances its either China or Taiwan. Get off your your high horse buddy, if you don't want to run parts made in Asia that's on you. But until you can tell me you use them and have personal experience with this application then please keep your negative comments to yourself.

Maybe people want to to run their car lower then stock or lowered springs and spending 2500 on kws isn't cost-effective for them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had this on my M3 not a bad setup hard to adjust and dial in the right setting... not sure about the M5 tho... probably will not put this on the M5 for the M3 I would do it again...

·
Registered
95 Posts
You get what u pay for.. it's going to drive like ****.. we put a set on a evo x and we hated them. stick to lowering springs if u want to drop the car a bit and dont want to pay the big money for a good set of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
So are most of the wheels now a days. I'm sure most of the people have no clue where their parts are made. And chances its either China or Taiwan. Get off your your high horse buddy, if you don't want to run parts made in Asia that's on you. But until you can tell me you use them and have personal experience with this application then please keep your negative comments to yourself.

Maybe people want to to run their car lower then stock or lowered springs and spending 2500 on kws isn't cost-effective for them.
Hahahha, I am pretty sure h&r, eibach, kw are not made in Asia. When it comes to suspension and brakes, your life and your family lives depends on them. Why would u cheap out?

As for experience, yes I had a set of k-sport and they rode like shot and started leaking in 3 months. I used them cause I got them for free from the supplier and I know for a fact that Megan, bc racing, ff2 and k-sports are made in the same factory.

I guess most people on this board feels the same as me as it shows from the replies. LOL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Some of these cheaper coilovers disable the use of EDC. I believe KW V3's work hand in hand with the EDC System without interference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hahahha, I am pretty sure h&r, eibach, kw are not made in Asia.
i don't think i even brought up those brands..

When it comes to suspension and brakes, your life and your family lives depends on them. Why would u cheap out?
so you are for sure that if you run these they will fall apart while driving and put my life in danger? wow this is the first i heard anyone say anything like this about coilovers. im sure the valves can go out and you have to have it rebuilt again, but damn. i guess i should take them out in fear for my life!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
you lose EDC with KWs too. they are just simulators so that you don't get that annoying warning light.

and thats not enough of a good thing? having fault lights will drive me crazy and not to mention if u have to take the car in for waranty repairs at the dealer, they proberly tell u good luck.

u sound like one of those kids on a civic forum. "its only a CEL, doesnt matter" lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i don't think i even brought up those brands..

so you are for sure that if you run these they will fall apart while driving and put my life in danger? wow this is the first i heard anyone say anything like this about coilovers. im sure the valves can go out and you have to have it rebuilt again, but damn. i guess i should take them out in fear for my life!!

are we not comparing suspension parts? What other brand of suspension company did I miss for the M5?

not saying your car will fall apart, but I wouldnt take a risk running it. Why would anyone cheap out on performance parts that isnt even as good as oem parts? Doesnt make sense. I can see if u drive a civic and have really soft ****ty blown out struts, then yeah i get a set just so I can lower my car and have semi decent suspension. but on a car is worth $100k, u have to be kidding me.:eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
and thats not enough of a good thing? having fault lights will drive me crazy and not to mention if u have to take the car in for waranty repairs at the dealer, they proberly tell u good luck.

u sound like one of those kids on a civic forum. "its only a CEL, doesnt matter" lol
let me refresh your memory, ALL coilovers without the add-on emulators will give you a warning light. what do you think people did in the days before KW even came out with the emulators? your telling me that if the OP had bought KWs without the emulators you would be giving the same response?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just love how everyone bashes on China made products, 99% of the **** you have at home was made in China, your smartphone was made in China, the computer you are using was made in China. Go throw it all in the Garbage, go find German made products only. Good luck!

I don't care who you are or how much money you have. Stop this damn madness over Chinese made products. Its sickening.

Yes you get what you pay for, but for a man wanting a lower stance on his M5, he does not need to spend thousands on those fancy coil-overs. Buy a set of H&R springs or Eibach if you must have a reputable name brand so idiots on the Forums don't talk **** about you. Megan makes springs for the E60 M5, I installed them on my friends 2009 M5, and the car rides as good as factory with a 1" drop all around. I may get a set myself if I wake up wanting my M5 lowered someday.

Many M5 and M6 owners who spent thousands on their exhaust systems whine about my custom exhaust sounding better than theirs, oh lets go to a Dyno and see who makes more power?
My car is stupid fast with my custom piping. No Dyno queen here. They still whine and whine....

I have lowered several of my cars with China made Coilovers, I never had a problem. No issues.

I have Megan Coilovers on my NSX and the car rides as good or better than factory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts