BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed the unit and it works great; no coding done:

QUESTION: Does coding the unit make the functionality any better or is it just a ploy to help make the stealer's boat payment?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
So i installed the unit and it works great; no coding done:

QUESTION: Does coding the unit make the functionality any better or is it just a ploy to help make the stealer's boat payment?
If your in dash DVD/navigation reader can read MP3 discs you do not need to code for the iPod interface.

Now, if you hook up to ISTA it will show a fault for the cd changer but all that needs to be changed is to tell the car there is an iPod interface in its place and the fault will go away. Even if you don't do this everything will function 100% fine so there is no need to code it does not increase functionality.

Reactions: Tortuga

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of what i thought

If your in dash DVD/navigation reader can read MP3 discs you do not need to code for the iPod interface.

Now, if you hook up to ISTA it will show a fault for the cd changer but all that needs to be changed is to tell the car there is an iPod interface in its place and the fault will go away. Even if you don't do this everything will function 100% fine so there is no need to code it does not increase functionality.
Thanks! I was just wondering if perhaps the "CD1,2,3..." options on idrive would change to "IPOD Playlist, artist, album"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts