BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and saw Alex today. He coded all the cool features i to my M5 plus flashed the SMG with Euro software in 20mins! All I can say is wow....wish I would have done it sooner. Fixed all my led errors and hyperflashing, added autoclose to my mirrors, and tons of other cool stuff. On the way home my MPG's were at 20, never saw it go above 15 before...shifting much smoother then before...cant believe the difference for such a small fee. I highly recommend...Sean77 ImageUploadedByAG Free1410406665.919221.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
1. How much did it cost?
2. Where did you get that sticker??!! I want one now :7:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was $60 for unlimited coding and $60 for smg flash. I checked other places online, one was $225 and one was $300...Was going to get a cable and do myself but this was quick and cheap.

Yea the stickers are on eBay:) ImageUploadedByAG Free1410417813.106049.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
what's his contact?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Unlimited coding and SMG for 120?? Im in.

How is the coding accomplished remotely?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can someone post a link of the cable used to Flash the Euro software to SMG? Is it the OBDII K+DCAN? The same one used for flashing codes for rolling up windows with key fob and etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
sub'd for remote coding contact

·
Registered
63 Posts
He is located in southern CA. I did a quick Google search and found his contact email. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it. I sent him an email and he said he needs a deposit of $X00 for the cable to do the SMG flash. I told him I had a OBD II K+DCAN cable but he says it's not the correct cable for the SMG flash. Can someone confirm this? From the writeup written by Vodyk he list K+DCAN.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Man I need that SMG flash badly. Seems to make such a difference.

Wish I had someone locally to do that, still looking around but I'd go remote if its easy enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it was a dkan cable as well. Not sure what cable it is. If you look up coding cable on ebay some come up between $22-$85. I have Alex's number and email as well. Are we allowed to post it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is anyone aware of someone in the Southeast (Atlanta? Birmingham? Nashville?) area that could perform this? I'm a bit hesitant to do the remote coding / flash. It's one thing to mess up and brick a phone or a tablet... bricking a car on the other hand is a whole different level.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was nervous too, but Alex wont brick it. He has authentic BMW tools. All he does is take control of your computer, your car is getting the info directly from your computer, he is just pushing the keys. I know what you mean tho;) Good luck...

·
Registered
34 Posts
He is located in southern CA. I did a quick Google search and found his contact email. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it. I sent him an email and he said he needs a deposit of $X00 for the cable to do the SMG flash. I told him I had a OBD II K+DCAN cable but he says it's not the correct cable for the SMG flash. Can someone confirm this? From the writeup written by Vodyk he list K+DCAN.
haven't been able to find his contact info online as I only have a first name. Can you PM his contact? I have the cable and want to jump on the band wagon.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'd like to get the car options coding from Alex at least. Can this be done on a Mac?

Also if we can get a complete list of what options he can code.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts