BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 01 M5.. noticed today while driving that it seams as if my rpms are going up a little fast minus the great gitty up of the e39 but only in 2nd gear.. If possible could you guys tell me with yours, what your M5 would be running at in RPM's at 30 MPH and how many rpms your at by the time you hit 40mph.. Everything else feels fine, car is responding fine while gas is hit. Just very very curious about 2nd gear. Thanks Whit

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
According to the other threads i've read. If you suspect your clutch is slipping. Put her into 3rd gear and floor it. If the RPM's are shooting up unproportional to the speedometer. Then you need a new clutch.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 01 M5.. noticed today while driving that it seams as if my rpms are going up a little fast minus the great gitty up of the e39 but only in 2nd gear.. If possible could you guys tell me with yours, what your M5 would be running at in RPM's at 30 MPH and how many rpms your at by the time you hit 40mph.. Everything else feels fine, car is responding fine while gas is hit. Just very very curious about 2nd gear. Thanks Whit
PM sent. 30 in 2nd gear about 3200 rpm, in 3rd 2100. 40 in 2nd is 4200, 40 in 3rd is 2800. Speedo may be slightly optomistic, so it could be off by 100 rpm or so.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts