BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does such thing exist as clutch slip occuring during certain circumstances that's considered within tolerance and not as a failing sign? I mean for a car boasting such abundant torque with oem clutch generally considered undersized this might stand to reason? :confused2

Reason I asked is I remember somewhere reading something along the lines of car not making full power (e.g. failing maf...) if you can't spin the flywheel with abrupt application of the gas pedal on third gear on a light cruise? Of course we all know that really depends on other factors as well such as temperature, slippery road and tyre grip etc. But is there any truth to above statement?

Robert

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Does such thing exist as clutch slip occuring during certain circumstances that's considered within tolerance and not as a failing sign? I mean for a car boasting such abundant torque with oem clutch generally considered undersized this might stand to reason? :confused2

Reason I asked is I remember somewhere reading something along the lines of car not making full power (e.g. failing maf...) if you can't spin the flywheel with abrupt application of the gas pedal on third gear on a light cruise? Of course we all know that really depends on other factors as well such as temperature, slippery road and tyre grip etc. But is there any truth to above statement?

Robert

If your foot is off the clutch pedal, there should be no slip. The only thing that should "slip" on hard application of throttle are the rear tires!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
776 Posts
If your foot is off the clutch pedal, there should be no slip. The only thing that should "slip" on hard application of throttle are the rear tires!
Regards,
Jerry
Agreed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts