BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get rid of the horrible stock clutch in my 2000 M5. Any advice or recommendations for aftermarket clutches? Also looking for short shift kit advice or recommendations.
Thnx

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
I'm looking to get rid of the horrible stock clutch in my 2000 M5. Any advice or recommendations for aftermarket clutches? Also looking for short shift kit advice or recommendations.
Thnx
Hi, welcome to the site.

Do a search, you will find MUCH information about this. When their OEM clutches go, the majority here seem to go for a UUC setup, which will run about $2700 (I think).

My clutch is fine, but I'm starting research already for the seemingly inevitable!

·
Banned
300 Posts
I will be installing a SPEC clutch and will keep you guys posted.....
specclutch.com

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi Beamer_usa

First welcome to the site it’s a great resource for M5 owners with lots of knowledgeable members who are passionate about their Beasts.

As Kevin stated doing a search on the subject is always a safe bet around here. As tuners we like the UUC clutch set up as well. They come in three different styles depending on your driving habits.

More information about them can be found by going to our site and reading some of the more technical data. UUC

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have in addition the owner of UUC often is seen in these forums and I’m sure he would be happy to answer your questions as well

Best regards

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts