BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I'm a new comer to the M5 world so I dont know the best places to shop.
Anyone know where I can order an upgraded clutch ( or even stock type Clutch ) for my 2001 M5 ( reasonably priced )

Also, anyone know of any reputable installers in the New York / New Jersey area, that might have experience in a clutch installation on an M5.

If worst would comes to worst, anyone have an idea what a factory clutch and installation would run at a local BMW Dealer ship ? ( I don't think the clutch is covered under factory warranty )

Irving
2001 M5

·
Registered
258 Posts
If it's an 01' it should still be under warranty if your going for a stock clutch...otherwise i would veer away from the stock...if you do a search i'm sure youll find what your looking for...good luck

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use Motor Works West located in Wyckoff, NJ. Check out www.motorworkswest.com for more info. The are the best for recommending solutions and providing great service. You only have a few options with clutches for the M5. The stock one or UUC's clutch/flywheel kit which is close to $3k.

Pepsiguru said:
Hey gang, I'm a new comer to the M5 world so I dont know the best places to shop.
Anyone know where I can order an upgraded clutch ( or even stock type Clutch ) for my 2001 M5 ( reasonably priced )

Also, anyone know of any reputable installers in the New York / New Jersey area, that might have experience in a clutch installation on an M5.

If worst would comes to worst, anyone have an idea what a factory clutch and installation would run at a local BMW Dealer ship ? ( I don't think the clutch is covered under factory warranty )

Irving
2001 M5

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Pepsiguru said:
I think my local dealer quotes $1050.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Many, Many post's regarding this issue. Do a search and you will get LOTS of info. I recently replaced my clutch, look here for the review of the UUC Stage III clutch with lightweight flywheel.

Robert

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pepsiguru said:
I don't think the clutch is covered under factory warranty
Clutch is considered a wear item and almost certainly will not be covered under the new car or CPO warranties. It is covered under the full maintenance plan, but from your post it sounds like you're out of the coverage period.

When my OE clutch gives out, I plan to upgrade to the UUC unit. For a good independent garage, try Bimmers Only in Westchester County. They recently installed my Tubi exhaust. For dealers, Competition BMW in Greenwich is first rate. Neither is particularly convenient to NYC, but feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
EdP said:
Clutch is considered a wear item and almost certainly will not be covered under the new car or CPO warranties. It is covered under the full maintenance plan, but from your post it sounds like you're out of the coverage period.
It will be covered if the SAC (self-adjusting clutch) mechanism fails which appears to be fairly common. This of course assumes that the owner is knowledgeable enough to ensure the dealership recognizes an SAC failure. I think many dealerships are not aware of the failure rate and mode of this pathetic part of the clutch assy and just call the problem "wear." :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts