BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the beast for a ride last night and pushed M button 50kmh roll 1st gear , 2nd gear , 3rd gear , 4gear(BANG) !! i shifted down to 3rd gear and the car was shaking like a massage chair !! on automatic it goes well but shift very quick !! I turned it to manual again , in low rpm that shaking starts but after 3000rpm it goes , a strange sound in most shifting !! i returned back home parked the beast and waiting until the holidays finish ( Kuwait National Day ) then i'll take it to the stealer , do you guys think it's the clutch or my old problem returned , the differential , and one more question i need help finding a new clutch kit for the beast ( after market preferred ) :1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody ??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey bro sorry to hear about your issue man. Maybe it is the same thing that I experienced also. See this thread.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-convertible-m6board-com/167362-m6-issue.html

Ok so just got a call from the service rep with the following report: they need to replace the strut, left + right engine mountings, clutch kit and guide bush. All warranty parts so thank God for that and no software reflash or reset required! Great news. Only minor issue is that they don't have the parts in stock and will have to order them so no beast for around 10-ish days. The guy told me it's good that I didn't drive it otherwise the car would have stopped on the road. lol.

Anyways thanks for your responses and support guys!

Goodluck man! Don't think its serious will just take a few days to fix. :)

Reactions: q8kamikaze

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
8,369 Posts
Hi Abdullah, sorry to hear your beast is sick.

My service advisor at the dealer wont be in the office until Tuesday.
I will call him on Tuesday and ask him about your issue.

I called my personal BMW mechanic that does all my upgrades and he says its really hard to say what the issue is with your car until the car is put on the GT1 computer and pull codes. So I recommend take your beast to your local dealer and have them pull codes and see what fault codes comes back. Then let us know.

I will let you know what my SA says on Tuesday when he comes back to work.

I wish you the best bro.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abdullah! Sad to hear about your beast.

Sounds like the clutch is slipping.

Let us know what the $tealer says about it.

If you have to change the clutch, get the SMG pump changed as well.
Yeah i think the clutch is going to say good bye , but why change the SMG pump as well ??

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Abdullah, sorry to hear your beast is sick.

My service advisor at the dealer wont be in the office until Tuesday.
I will call him on Tuesday and ask him about your issue.

I called my personal BMW mechanic that does all my upgrades and he says its really hard to say what the issue is with your car until the car is put on the GT1 computer and pull codes. So I recommend take your beast to your local dealer and have them pull codes and see what fault codes comes back. Then let us know.

I will let you know what my SA says on Tuesday when he comes back to work.

I wish you the best bro.

Thanks for the feedback Dan , appreciate your help . take care bro .

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't wait till tomorrow morning , i'm taking the car to a local BMW mechanic for diagnose the issue right now .

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK here's what happened , on my way to the shop i passed throw BMW and guess what !! it was open ??????
so i turned over quickly and took the beast inside , we tested the car and nothing wrong !! but that vibration still appears in low RPMs , and we found another problem while i was taking some stuff of the car , i opened the trunk and there was water inside , we have leaking issue :grrrr:
That's it guys i had enough grrrrrrr last month the oil cooler , this month the leaking and the mystery of the vibration ?? besides some codes when start the engine WTF grrrrrrr

·
8,369 Posts
Dang, not very good experience Abdullah. Sorry to hear that buddy.

What are your plans? Get another beast or keep your M6?

I fully understand your frustrations.

I have been very lucky with mine. Zero issues and I hope it remains that way until its time to let her go.

I wish the best for you buddy.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, not very good experience Abdullah. Sorry to hear that buddy.

What are your plans? Get another beast or keep your M6?

I fully understand your frustrations.

I have been very lucky with mine. Zero issues and I hope it remains that way until its time to let her go.

I wish the best for you buddy.
Don't know bro , bad luck huh ? i asked them to check the trunk and find the problem and they think the mystery vibration is the flywheel and if they will change the flywheel they gotta change the clutch also and goodbye CA Automotive tune :crying2: , man i think it's time to sell the beast , i'm an Impatient guy especially with cars problems and malfunctions , Porsche 997tt in mind again , but first let's wait for the :deal:

·
Registered
750 Posts
ye36eek il 3afiya bro. I swear I was just telling myself that if I have one more issue with my M6, then hello 997TT. I had a rough couple of months with my beast too with the vibration issues, engine fault (due to solenoid valves in vanos that needed to be changed) and now oil level sensor fault - another thing that needs to be changed. Thank God for my warranty, but what will happen when my warranty ends! My wife is telling me that I need to get rid of it because its too much of a headache -- I was considering changing it for a 997TT but I just can't help but love the V10 so I can't convince myself to sell it!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ye36eek il 3afiya bro. I swear I was just telling myself that if I have one more issue with my M6, then hello 997TT. I had a rough couple of months with my beast too with the vibration issues, engine fault (due to solenoid valves in vanos that needed to be changed) and now oil level sensor fault - another thing that needs to be changed. Thank God for my warranty, but what will happen when my warranty ends! My wife is telling me that I need to get rid of it because its too much of a headache -- I was considering changing it for a 997TT but I just can't help but love the V10 so I can't convince myself to sell it!
Same here bro , it's been 3 months since problems starts , even i saved some money for future issues , and the problem is you treat it well it treat you bad , treat it bad it treats you well !!?? i think it's time to make a decision to let it go but it's not easy :sad1:

·
8,369 Posts
Unfortunately, high performance cars are usually high maintenance too.

BMW's, Porsche's, Aston Martin's are not famous for being trouble free, reliable cars.

Japanese makes the most reliable cars.
My 1998 Honda Accord witch I bought brand new gave me 137,000 miles of trouble free driving.
Not once did it break down on me or gave me a headache.
I sold it just because its time for another daily driver that I can park anywhere without worrying about door dings.

That's why when I buy BMW's I usually buy a CPO so I am covered up to 6 years or 100K miles as I know maintenance aint cheap.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, high performance cars are usually high maintenance too.

BMW's, Porsche's, Aston Martin's are not famous for being trouble free, reliable cars.

Japanese makes the most reliable cars.
My 1998 Honda Accord witch I bought brand new gave me 137,000 miles of trouble free driving.
Not once did it break down on me or gave me a headache.
I sold it just because its time for another daily driver that I can park anywhere without worrying about door dings.

That's why when I buy BMW's I usually buy a CPO so I am covered up to 6 years or 100K miles as I know maintenance aint cheap.
Talk about this kind of cars , my E46 318i did 220,000 KM and it's still running perfect with 0 issues , i really respect this car .

Reactions: whatheheck

·
Registered
750 Posts
At the end of the day its you and your luck. My old E46 M3 was a dream come true -- never had any issues and never had to take it once to the dealer except for routine service and oil top-up. The old '96 740il, no issues at all since day 1 - except every winter it needs a new fuel pump but that's it -- no unexpected surprises. My father used to have an '88 750il -- and this car was full of problems even needed a new engine when it rained heavily one day. lol. It is ultimately down to luck. Funny thing is I bought my car in early '09 and had zero issues - all of these started towards the end of '10 and early '11 -- does BMW use parts in their newer ///M cars that just completely deteriorate after a year?

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Don't know bro , bad luck huh ? i asked them to check the trunk and find the problem and they think the mystery vibration is the flywheel and if they will change the flywheel they gotta change the clutch also and goodbye CA Automotive tune :crying2: , man i think it's time to sell the beast , i'm an Impatient guy especially with cars problems and malfunctions , Porsche 997tt in mind again , but first let's wait for the :deal:
Sad to hear about the car bro. Not good news at all.

An SMG job would cost you a lot in labour and those parts are not cheap either. However, it might be difficult to get rid of the car with the vibration.

I am also thinking of getting a P GT3 for my next toy.

·
8,369 Posts
Hi Abdullah.

I talked to my service advisor today about the issue you are experiencing.

He said its really difficult to say over the phone.
It could be the flywheel, it could be the clutch or the SMG pump or all of the above.
He told me tell you to bring it in so his mechanics can check it so we can know for sure.

I told him you are in Kuwait. He said Yikes! That's a little far to drive here for diagnostic check up.
I said I agree.

FYI to you folks, similar to Abduallah, I set aside money every month I call BMW maintenance fund.
Should something unexpected arise - I have some funds to dip from.
Luckily, my beast is CPO and I have 2 more years or up to 100,000 mile warranty.

I think in 2 years, once the CPO warranty expires - I will sell my beast and buy the new TT M6 as Im afraid my current beast will drain my pocket on out of warranty repairs.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts