BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to adjust the height of the clutch pedal? On previous cars, I'm used to it being at the same height as the brake pedal.

I've had it apart and it doesn't appear to be possible. I had thought I'd read somewhere that you could screw the push-rod into the master clinder (under the dash), but that doesn't seem to work

It's a 2001 car. Just had a new clutch under warranty (at 40k miles - thanks BMW :byebye:). Pedal was high before and after fitting. I forgot to ask the dealer at the time

TIA

Simon

·
Registered
837 Posts
I guess I dont remeber, but I will check when I leave for work, but I thought the clutch pedal was the same height as the brake pedal, will know soon, Josh

·
Registered
977 Posts
bmwusa said:
I guess I dont remeber, but I will check when I leave for work, but I thought the clutch pedal was the same height as the brake pedal, will know soon, Josh
Mine is higher then the brake pedal, but I wouldn't know if that's correct or not since my car was purchased used.

·
Registered
837 Posts
allright I checked mine on my way to work, and it is indeed higher then the brake pedal but without measuring I would say only 1/4 on inch or less, so pretty close to even, however not exactly as above mentioned, how much different is yours? Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts