BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, my 2002 Beast is just beginning to show signs of clutch-slip at high throttle settings. The local dealer here in Dubai (the same one that wanted to charge over US$2,000 for an 80,000km service) wants US$1,000 just for the clutch kit. And of course, if removing the gearbox reveals that more parts are needed, I'll be off the roads for a month at least.

So my question is this: Does anyone know of a good source who can provide me the parts needed (including the best-to-replace-just-to-be-on-the-safe-side parts). If necessary, I can get the parts reshipped from the USA or the UK.

Driving with a brick under the gas pedal is no fun...

Cheers
Mungous

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem you are facing. My clutch slips at high rpm shifting. I did not do anything about it for now because I am just scared that IF more than a clutch and flywheel need to be changed then the time for parts to arrive would be more than two weeks + time to install. Why don't you try the X-Service centre or Tony Edwards (They are authorized dealers for BMW). They charge less and they do good work. They are located in Al Qouz area. Located both at the same place.

When I decide to change my clutch and flywheel, I will ask the mechanic about possible parts that needs to be changed as well and will order them. I can't stay away from the car for 1 month.

regards

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
dialaclutch.com Good prices and great service

·
Registered
543 Posts
My indy here swears by Rogue. If you need help with shipping, contact me, we send things to Dubai and Abu Dhabi regularly.

-Kmac

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mongous,
You might want to check out Central Trading & Spare Parts in Sharjah. I used to get my parts shipped to me from the US until I came across them. They sell original BMW & Mini parts. Give them a call and ask for Marwan he is the owner/manager and he is very well informed. their phone # 06 533 3539.
Good luck,
Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone, this is all useful information. Aside from the clutch kit itself, what other parts are generally best to replace? Spigot bearing and rear main seal seem to be sensible enough, but how likely is it that the flywheel will need replacing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think it is always better to change the flywheel when replacing the clutch. Just an opinion. Use the search option to find threads about clutch replacement. They mention other parts that needs to be changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts